Yet another problem with the CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Yet another problem with the CJ

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Rugged Ridge Bumpers, Winches, Performance from CCOR!JK Front Axle Truss

Unread 08-19-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
sullju

Yet another problem with the CJ

I'm trying to figure out why my friends Jeep is backfiring and running rough over 40m.p.h. The mechanic he took it to said that it was an electrical issue, but it is running rich. Could this be a problem with the fuel mixture or is the wiring problem causing it to missfire and then in turn flooding it. Thanks for all the help.

sullju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2003, 02:44 PM   #2
Lightningdon

The first thing I look at when the engine breaks down at higher rpms, is the coil. I have had more than 1 fail. First sign was roughness as the rpms come up. Sometimes can not run over 3000 rpm. Could also be an issue with the points and condensor if so equipped. Check the wiring between ignition box, coil, and distributer.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Lightningdon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.