Wrangler tub swap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Wrangler tub swap

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-22-2002, 02:38 PM   #1
Brock

Wrangler tub swap

Does anyone have any pics or writeups of a Wrangler body tub conversion on a CJ-7? Wrangler bodies seem to be more readliy available than rust-free CJ metal.

Brock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-24-2002, 06:30 AM   #2
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Found one here:
http://www.tidesys.com/yjtub_main.htm
Unread 11-24-2002, 10:18 AM   #3
jadams68
1984 CJ7 

Here's another one.
http://myweb.cableone.net/wdohrn/tubswapnew.htm
Unread 11-25-2002, 08:15 AM   #4
Brock

Those are both real good sites. I did a search enginge search with a couple of different phrases and did not come up with much. Would love to see any others, because I have to do some sort of swap. The floorboards have already been replaced once, now my seat is about to fall through.
Unread 11-26-2002, 06:56 AM   #5
Crash&Burn

The site I used was called Jeepskates, don't know if its still there, do a goggle search.
It's a easy swap, just a couple of body mounts to move......

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2002, 03:41 PM   #6
2cjs

Here is my 83 cj w/89 yj tub.I restored the jeep from the ground up,so far i have 6000.00 in her.Im in the process of putting my cj tailgate on her too.I painted the jeep red oxide primer for now so she dont look like i pieced her together.

http://photos.yahoo.com/electrofried24
2cjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2002, 05:15 PM   #7
pontiac58
1980 CJ7 

You can see jeepskates yj swap write up and WWW.shortwheelbase.com
Click on the tech section, then body section, in the body section should be the write up on the YJ tub swap.
pontiac58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2002, 08:15 PM   #8
Brock

Those were good pictures 2cjs. I also read jeepskates before and it was a really good writeup. I want to see as many pictures and writeups as I can before I start this big project.
Unread 12-06-2002, 10:09 AM   #9
2cjs

Hey brock I see you got a 89 yj also.Its not that hard to do ,this is my first one.There are a few things to keep in mind so you dont spend money on things you dont need.You will have to go with a hydraulic clutch unless you drill a hole in the floor for your clutch rod.You will have to move two body mounts back ,that is the two in front of the back tires.Other than that your good to go.Remember dont sweat the small stuff.
2cjs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2002, 11:05 AM   #10
Crash&Burn

Brock........

Heres one thought on moving the two body mounts in front of the rear tires, It was important to me to have the roll bar tied into the frame......which I did. They ended up right next to the two body mounts I moved.
When it was all done I realized that just one set of mounts in that area would have been enough.......

To do the roll bar tie in I just extended the roll bar bolts thur the floor with longer bolts to a plate and used a stock body mount...

Just something to consider...

I'm not as good as I once was....but I'm good once as I ever was.
Crash&Burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-10-2002, 06:37 PM   #11
Brock

Thanks for the help. Mu YJ is my first Jeep from high school that I just mess around with, so I am looking for a good Wrangler tub for my CJ. I have bookmarked all of those websites and am getting very excited about having a Jeep without holes in the floorboards. If yall have any pictures of the swaps, please post them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.