WOW!!!! Skerr is 53 years OLD today!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > WOW!!!! Skerr is 53 years OLD today!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 11-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #46
BHawkmeck
1983 CJ7 

metamucil and rum=colonoscopy colada??

Happy Birthday Skeer

BHawkmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #47
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Colonoscopy... There is something you want to be COMPLETELY UNCONSCIOUS FOR!
You don't want that stuck in your head for the rest of your life!

That 'Michael Jackson Juice' works good, knocked me out like a brick, woke up ready for laying around!
They call it 'Milk Of Amnesia' and they aren't kidding!

How about just Colon-Colada?

All I can tell you is, GET THE COLONOSCOPY! If you wait for problems like I did, then you will wind up like me!
Past half dead, infected to the point you are a 'BioHazard' to the people around you, and getting large chunks of original equipment being removed in a most painful way...
And there aren't any 'Upgrades' going back in, so you are just SCREWED!

Somewhere in the 45-50 year old range, the new insurance will pay for most of it, unlike my very expensive insurance that was supposed to have a $3,000 out of pocket maximum, and wound up costing me $9,000...
Most of the new plans cover things like Colonoscopies as 'Well Care' and will literally save your lives!

It's outpatient, you are back to work the next day (unless they find/remove something ugly, then you are back to work in about 10 days) and you don't wind up with cancer or something else ugly...

Anyway, like I said, getting old takes BALLS!
The Dr. Seuss version, I Can Not See, I Can Not Pee,
I'm more squeaky, creaky & leaky every morning, but I have GREAT STORIES to lie about around the campfire!
And I'm going to live to see 53 in about 2 months, so that's a plus! (Diet be damned!)

Happy Birthday Skerr, glad to hear you are kicking butt and taking names! I hope you have many more!
JeepHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #48
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Pay attention to what the Hammer says, if you haven't had a Colonoscopy you should have, 3 years AGO!!! If it shows good your good for 10 years.

Bill

Edit, sorry no pictures of the procedure, :-)
1979 CJ7 360, TH400/Quadratrac trail Jeep.
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
1989 YJ the CJ to YJ conversion.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4, Mrs. LUCDOG's DD.
Lots of parts not for sale, i'm a hoarder.
lucdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #49
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucdog View Post
Pay attention to what the Hammer says, if you haven't had a Colonoscopy you should have, 3 years AGO!!! If it shows good your good for 10 years.

Bill

Edit, sorry no pictures of the procedure, :-)
I've seen your butt... everytime I look at your picture!!

I am in the process of having a comprehensive physical. Doc says that chewing/dipping causes COPD, just like smoking. I have been doing that better than 30 years. Bloodwork is done. Going back on the 22nd.

Hammer... thanks for the motivation. Guess I have it to do.

Does anyone remember when Jim's birthday is? It is coming up soon.

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cl...hread-1061897/
Scott's Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/sc...5-cj7-1147913/
Fallon (and Dad) Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/f...-okee-1445206/
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #50
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Just wait till you get the next text with a picture attached.

Who will be laughing then!!
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
1983 CJ7 pretty weekend and sometimes to work Driver in the summer, My first rebuild, if the Q-trac and 5 are broke, this one is the one to take. its just as capable as the other 2, except nice paint.
1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1 ton axles, great 360/727, and a big a$& tree fell on it .
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #51
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I've seen your butt... everytime I look at your picture!!

I am in the process of having a comprehensive physical. Doc says that chewing/dipping causes COPD, just like smoking. I have been doing that better than 30 years. Bloodwork is done. Going back on the 22nd.

Hammer... thanks for the motivation. Guess I have it to do.

Does anyone remember when Jim's birthday is? It is coming up soon.
It does save lives. I should have done it 10 years ago since colon/prostrate cancer runs in the family... But being the big, bull headed hillbilly I am, I just wouldn't entertain the idea of me being 'Weak' or 'Sick' until it damn near killed me...
Now I'm several scars heavier, 2 feet of gut lighter, and it all could have been corrected if I'd had the colonoscopy back 5 years or so ago when I first started having 'Issues'...

Nothing to it when you have it early, most everything is done internally. Done when you wake up, take it easy for a few days then you are HEALTHY and back to 'Normal'... (Normal depends on how you were before...).

Do what I did and it's been about a year trying to get over this, so suck it up buttercup and have the colonoscopy!
Real men don't die early, or by bleeding eaten alive by something that is 100% preventable!
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #52
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Buttercup... Buttercup... hmmm... Night at the Museum!? Dum Dum want gum gum... Best line in the whole movie.

I reckon it will happen. I have experienced some changes that aren't alarming, but I want to know what might be going on. I have been in ag all my life, and I have applied pesticides for over 20 years. Before we started paying attention to things like WPS. It's always made me wonder...

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen, and then say 'what should be the reward of such sacrifices?' ... If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!" —Samuel Adams

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:34 AM   #53
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

I know, Farm boy here too...
We used to get COATED in chemicals that are either now banned or require full environment suits to handle!

Funny, Monsanto requires all it's workers to have full coverage, eye protection and respirators to handle their stuff, but it's OK for the end consumer to EAT that crap on their food!

Things are different now... They used to fog us kids at the park and drive-in with DDT powder, we got soaked with pesticide every time we had to clean out the turkey or chicken barns (bird lice), and they were grinding asbestos into baby powder...
It's a wonder we survived at all!

Now they wonder why there is such a spike in things like cancer and alzheimer's...

What I noticed was 'problems' digesting, alternating constipation/diarrhea, and just feeling bad all at once, low grade fevers that would come on all at once. The local hack/quack doctors kept telling me it was all part of getting older and it was 'Normal' as I aged...
Then came the problems urinating, not emptying out, dribbling after I went... That was the prostate/bladder getting infected and swelling... The PSA level never came up, so prostrate cancer was off the table, but still damn maddening.

The fevers were mild doses of blood poisoning from gut leakage, but I had to find a real doctor to diagnose it.
It takes a week to get results of a urine or blood test around here, and every time you go to the 'For Profit' hospital you get a $4,500 MRI so they can pay for their new offices and vacations...

Finally, I couldn't breathe in the middle of the night (and I'd been to three different 'Clinics' and was taking antibiotics, but couldn't see a real doctor since the clinics use 'Physician Assistants' to make a bigger profit),
Debbie threw me in the car, drove an hour to a city hospital and they diagnosed the problems in about 25 minutes only taking blood and urine samples, which came back in about 20 minutes.

Emergency surgeon said it was time for Colostomy bag, urine tube in emergency surgery, but the hospital couldn't find an anesthesiologist that would put me under with blood sepsis and pneumonia...
They shoved IV antibiotics in both arms, and slugged me in isolation since I was a 'Bio Hazard'.
A week of IV antibiotics worked, I got to keep my bladder (95% involved in the abscess at this point) and that is good since I didn't want a urine catheter for the rest of my life,
And I didn't get the colostomy bag, which I didn't want.

From October to February, I had several flair ups, but things slowly healed up enough I wouldn't lose my bladder or need a colostomy bag, and in February, I had 23" of colon removed.
That involved cutting through all my lower abdominal muscles, which wasn't fun, but the alternative was cancer and further infections...

I've had to have minor surgery since to remove scar tissue from places that caused problems, but I can stand back from the urinal like a kid now and make it happen!
I have to be mindful of fiber intake, but I'm doing really good in all areas that were previously failing at best and not working at all at worse!
And it's NOT just aging that causes it! If you have cramps, gas, bloating, alternating constipation/diarrhea, Start/Stop urination, or you don't empty out when you urinate, it's TIME TO SEE SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!
Don't settle for those 'Pills', get the scopes both directions and find out what the actual issue is! I can't stress this enough!
I'd doing FINE, no medications, no 'Pills', no SIDE EFFECTS, no pain, and I can eat about anything I want IN MODERATION...

They say if you wait for blood, it's a 75% chance you waited too long... And your survival rate after blood is about 20% for five years...
I'm 100% clear, things are working like they should, even better than I remember since it was so long and slow creeping up on me, and I'm doing great.

I can't recommend this screening highly enough, and get screened for 'Diverticulitis' while you are getting things done! This causes real issues that saved my life, but it can kill you also... They do both with the colonoscopy if you have a competent doctor...
Unread 11-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #54
lucdog
Web Wheeler

1980 CJ5 

Good to hear you have things under control Aaron.and your correct, getting older isn't for wimps.

Bill
1979 J20
1980 CJ5 trail Jeep.
2005 TJ Rubicon.
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #55
commadore64
Jeep = bleeding money

1980 CJ5 

Hey Scott... sorry I got here late to your party... Happy Birthday!

"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take everything you have." - Barry Goldwater
commadore64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #56
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

Hammer,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with an issue that all of us 50+ year olds need to watch.

Shamefully, I've never been checked, but I am mindful of any symptoms. By the grace of God, there hasn't been any...I can still let her fly from a couple of feet away from the toilet and hit my mark, and my morning sit-down visits to the throne are normal...unless I've had a few too many cocktails the night before.

Yeah, I'm a cupcake...

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #57
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
What I noticed was 'problems' digesting, alternating constipation/diarrhea, and just feeling bad all at once, low grade fevers that would come on all at once. The local hack/quack doctors kept telling me it was all part of getting older and it was 'Normal' as I aged...
Then came the problems urinating, not emptying out, dribbling after I went... That was the prostate/bladder getting infected and swelling... The PSA level never came up, so prostrate cancer was off the table, but still damn maddening...

...The fevers were mild doses of blood poisoning from gut leakage, but I had to find a real doctor to diagnose it...

...And it's NOT just aging that causes it! If you have cramps, gas, bloating, alternating constipation/diarrhea, Start/Stop urination, or you don't empty out when you urinate, it's TIME TO SEE SOMEONE THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING!
Thanks for sharing that Aaron. That's pretty tough. I had no idea you went through all that. I can't say I will be enthusiatic about all of it, but I'll get it done. I notice I can't tolerate milk or milk products anymore, and I'm the guy that would drink milk from the jug standing in the fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by commadore64 View Post
Hey Scott... sorry I got here late to your party... Happy Birthday!
LOL! My family motto... Sero Sed Serio. Late, but in Earnest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1981CJ7 View Post
Hammer,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with an issue that all of us 50+ year olds need to watch.

Shamefully, I've never been checked, but I am mindful of any symptoms. By the grace of God, there hasn't been any...I can still let her fly from a couple of feet away from the toilet and hit my mark, and my morning sit-down visits to the throne are normal...unless I've had a few too many cocktails the night before.

Yeah, I'm a cupcake...

Matt
Okay Cupcake. If you show me yours I'll show you mine!

On my second day of prednizone. Back to work tomorrow.

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #58
JeepHammer
Running On Empty...
1973 CJ5 

Just the zeal of the newly converted! Firm believer that 'Real Men' take it up the butt now! (Get your mind out of the gutter! )
Symptoms come and go with no rhyme or reason so you don't notice them, then BAM!
Just 'Minor' issues that don't seem related, like having issues with dairy, turned out to be something serious in the long run.
Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into something about 'ME'...

Happy B-day and many more to come!
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #59
roboto65

1976 CJ5 

Man always a day late and a dollar short Happy belated Birthday Scott
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #60
Skerr
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
Just the zeal of the newly converted! Firm believer that 'Real Men' take it up the butt now! (Get your mind out of the gutter! )
Symptoms come and go with no rhyme or reason so you don't notice them, then BAM!
Just 'Minor' issues that don't seem related, like having issues with dairy, turned out to be something serious in the long run.
Sorry, didn't mean to turn this thread into something about 'ME'...

Happy B-day and many more to come!
No worries, Mate. You always give out useful info. And you've told me Happy Birthday, like, 3 times! Is there any money or Jeep parts you feel you should send me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboto65 View Post
Man always a day late and a dollar short Happy belated Birthday Scott
You are right on time, Bud! I never get full of hearing best wishes!!

Clay's Build Thread
Scott's Build Thread

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.