Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WOW Clutch

476 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CJ5911 
#1 ·
The otherday my clutch pedal got a little soft and it wouldent go into gear so i towed the jeep home and pulled the tranny and i found that the front bearing retainer snapped in half right where the shaft part of it meets the circle part. Also my throwout bearing was ripped apart and misssing balls. One of the three forks on the pressure plate was stuck in the pushed in position, however once i removed the pressure plate it freed itself but if i try to move that one with a pry bar it makes a snapping sound. What a mess. The bearing retainer is being welded, i dont know where to find a replacment for a t-18. Im also replacing the whole clutch assembly. Im guessing all of this happened because of that one arm on the pressure plate?? Why would that retainer break like that? If anyone has any ideas or this is happened to them let me know cause this shocked me. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.