Is it worth picking up a 401? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is it worth picking up a 401?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
AFRd_CJ5
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galt View Post
Well the dust doesn't really say much, it sounds as though the seller has an automotive shop, it could be he paints cars too for cash and that creates a crap ton of dust. The price is the only problem for me.
I wouldn't have a problem with all the dust, if the asking price was $400. After dropping a valve in one of my "good" motors in one of the many g-body cars I've had, I picked up a free SBC that was sitting on the floor of a body shop for god knows how long. And believe me, if it weren't free, it wasns't worth it. That dust was in EVERYTHING.
Too bad you weren't closer, seems like I can find 401's on a weekly basis around here for a decent price. Heck, I'm pretty sure I have a bare 401 block here actually.

Dana 30 front with 4.56's/Dana 44 rear with 4.88's
AFRd_CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.