Worst CJ of the month submission - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Worst CJ of the month submission

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #46
dagr8tim

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLynes View Post
Specs

1976 CJ-5
T-150
Dana 20
Dana 30
AMC 20
4" lift
35x12.50
4" body lift

It's ugly, it wobbles, not all the wheels match, it's got rust holes, the tailgate is missing, the front driveshaft is disconnected and strapped to the frame, because the Dana 30 is busted, the steering column and wheel is from a '93 XJ, God knows what the seats are out of, the PO painted driveline parts neon green and yellow and it smells like cat pee.

Fred
I'm hoping you're still around and you have this. I just scored a column from an 87 XJ and would like to install it in my 75 CJ. I'd love any pics or info about how the PO did the column swap.

97 XJ SE - DD/Light Trail Rig - The War Wagon
75 CJ5 with a badly chopped CJ7 Tub - Pandora
96 Land Rover Discovery - Black Dog; possible trail toy
dagr8tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #47
FLynes
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
I'm hoping you're still around and you have this. I just scored a column from an 87 XJ and would like to install it in my 75 CJ. I'd love any pics or info about how the PO did the column swap.
I'm still around, albeit sporadically. The PO did a total hack job putting the XJ column in, so it's not even worth describing it. I'm amazed that the steering column in the engine bay didn't crack in half, given the lousy welding job that was done.

High Plains Drifter
1976 CJ-5
Lime Green
Black Wellington Vinyl Bench Seats
258 I-6 1bbl
T-150 3-Speed
3.54:1 Open Gears

Grammar Test
FLynes is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.