Wiring Harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Wiring Harness

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #1
philipbeacon

Wiring Harness

Does any one know if you can purchase just the wiring harness for the headlights/parking lights that plugs into the firewall? I am looking to replace it with a new one b/c the previous owner decided to hack it apart. The rest of the wiring harness is new so that is why I only need the portion for the lights.

Unread 04-05-2005, 01:46 PM   #2
Geer_hed

I've never seen the engine harness split that way. After all, it all terminates in to the Bulkhead firewall connector on one end. Why not just run some wire if the rest of the engine harness is good? If it's just the lamps you are worried about, there's no real heavy wiring there....
Unread 04-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
philipbeacon

I thought about making my own harness esp because it's just the lights but if there was a company already selling that portion of the harness cheep I rather pay for it than waste my time. I did a google search and came up with nothing but the full painless harnesses..so I just wanted to check to see if any one knows some other sources that I was unable to find or unaware of.
Unread 04-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #4
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

I will be posting one shortly on eBay, so if you want it, let me know and maybe we can deal before wasting money posting it on eBay.

We just did my girlfriends Jeep and that harness is going to go up, so you can have the front clip or the whole thing if the price is right... I can't remember what I got for my last one, but I was very surprised that people want them so badly.

Both Jeeps were redone with the painless kit, so the original harnesses weren't bad, they just were updated.

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2005, 03:52 PM   #5
Geer_hed

"if the price is right" Ppl are living and dying by those used Ebay harnesses. A jeep restorer could make a fortune on wiring alone. PB~ Usually the problem is that they're not very "cheep", but if you ever do get a spare, hold on to it. You never know when you'll need it.
Unread 04-05-2005, 06:01 PM   #6
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

The engine bay one was shot, but if someone needs the rear half, let me know, I have that as well.

cb

CertifiableJeep website
'76 ORANGE CJ-5
'76 MAROON CJ-5
'78 SILVER CJ-7
'82 WHITE CJ-8 Build Thread
'83 GREEN UK CJ-7 Build Thread
ORANGE JEEP CLUB #41
SILVER JEEP CLUB #41
SIENNA JEEP CLUB #62
RHD JEEP CLUB #41

NEWJO Member
Forum
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.