wires to foot dimmer switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > wires to foot dimmer switch

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 12-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
huntemdead
1985 CJ7 

wires to foot dimmer switch

I am slowly working towards an inspection.
I have a foot dimmer switch but no wires going to it (1985 cj 7 auto 258)
Does anyone know qhat wire go here and how they connect?

I also have most of the other wiring accounted for. The only think i can think of right now is that my right front blinker will not blink with the headlights on. All others are ok with lights on or off but the right front will not blink with lights on.

Thanks and I am getting closer.
Wes

huntemdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM   #2
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The front fixtures use special shoulder screws to hold them on. The shoulder holds the ear of the fixture to the grill for the ground. If it is missing, that can happen.

There should be a three pronged plug down there with two gray wires ou tof one pin, one for low beam, one for fogs and two gray wire out of another pin, one with a white stripe for the high beam and the other with a blue stripe I think for the dash light. The last wire is red with white stripe and there may be two wires in the pin.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Sorry about missing a day.... had this one in my hand. The single on top comes from you headlight switch. it comes dab smack in the middle on terminal "H" and is red with white trace.
on one ofo the low 2 terminals (it does not matter which) there are two grey wires. One runs through the bulkhead and down the drivers side fender toward your headlamps, this if for low beams. the other grey is for fog's as mike said but i can never quite find the other end of mine.
on the other lower terminal i have a grey with a black trace that ran over to my high beam indicator lamp and a grey with a red trace (slightly heavier ga wire) tht met up with the grey going through the firewall and to the headlights.
Get a good dimmer switch at Napa $20, get the pigtail from Advance about $3.00. ROck and roll!

Now if you have H4's or HID's thats a whole 'nother story!

1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.