Wiper Motor ?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Wiper Motor ??

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
RescuedJK
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Wiper Motor ??

85 CJ7 where is the wiper motor located? My volts guage shows a draw when I turn the wiper switch on but I am getting no movement from the wipers...I don't know where the motor is though to check the ground wire. And I have a new motor sitting in front of me waiting to do its job if needed.

Unread 05-13-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
CJ7VFR

Its right in front of you when you are sitting in the drivers seat and you
can see the vin plate poking out from the top of the dash pad.

You have to fold the windshield down, and its bolted to the windshield frame.

In order to get it out, you have to also disconnect the wiring to it. The wiring
is up under the dash.

Once you disconnect the wiring connector, and unbolt it from the windshield
frame, you will need to gently pull it out some, and then disconnect the
wiper mechanism from it so you can take it off and replace it.

Jim
CJ7VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #3
Redmanchew
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

and fyi....the ground is the physical bolts of the motor to the windshield and the windshield through the hinges or through the knobs. so you need to either have the windshield up and the knobs tightened up to test it or run a ground wire from one of the bolts to a body ground.
1982 CJ-7 2003 4.3 chevy vortec, 4L60E, Clocked Dana 300 35 x 12.5 x 15 KM2 on Cragar 399's. Vanco Brake Booster. Power steering conversion. Warn front and rear bumpers with swing away. Moser 1 piece rears. Rear OX.

Support your local MS foundation. You don't know how much this disease sucks until it affects someone you love.

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...al&fr_id=18331

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleos617 View Post
To reiterate for the 1,067th time, when towing...
remove rear axle, xfer in N, trans in 5th, remove neg batt cable, key to Run and go??
Redmanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
texasdave

1980 CJ7 

Also there are two different motors one for intermitent wipers and one for three speed wipers
texasdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

if swapping to an intermitent motor, will a new switch be needed? also would this intermitent motor be a direct swap for a 3 speed?
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #6
Happy Joe
1985 CJ7 

The intermittent motor can be run with the stock switch for non intermittent operation (you may need to change a couple of wires around). For intermittent operation it needs the intermittent switch and a control module.

Enjoy!

Carburetors became obsolete during the last century... do what ever it takes to get fuel injection...It makes bigger grins off road.
Happy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2009, 08:04 AM   #7
twoleos617
1986 CJ7 

Thanks Joe for the confirmation. i'll do some more research on that.
twoleos617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.