Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wiper issue

479 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  3Rotts 
#1 ·
I did a couple searches in the forum and tried the suggestions, like adjusting the wiper motor and making sure the wire isn't getting pinched but I am still having a couple issues.

I have Delay, Low and High but it seems I can only get the High setting to work. Second, after reading and looking at some other Jeep pictures, my wipers stop leaning to the driver side. the others seem to stop leaning to the passenger side.

Any suggestions and which side is correct for the wipers to be leaning towards?

Thanks!

#3 ·
Have you done anything with the linkage? Replaced parts, removed and reinstalled etc. Make sure the linkage is lubricated. Very important. It sounds like something is not installed properly. Is the motor getting hot? Easy to fry the motor if it does not stop in the correct location.

#4 ·
No I haven't replaced anything. I have owned this CJ-7 since 2005 and they worked fine up until this winter. It started as a cold problem but once you drove for 20-30 minutes, they would work fine. Now they only work on High for the most part no matter how long you drive for.

I checked to make sure the linkage was lubed and it is.

Maybe it is just time for a new motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.