windshield washer fluid installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > windshield washer fluid installation

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-24-2002, 05:19 PM   #1
wiggs

windshield washer fluid installation

This is for anyone who can help me out. i have a 1979 cj-7 with an all fiberglass body with the original steel hood. It did not come with a windshield washer fluid bottle and assembly installed and i was looking to get it installed before winter hits. I ran into the problem of knowing where the lines would come up through the hood or body to spray washer fluid onto the windshield. If anyone can help or give me a website where i can see a diagram that would be great.
THANKS
Eric

wiggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2002, 07:57 PM   #2
2tall79

The spray head on my '79 CJ-5 is located dead center of windsheild, between cowl vent and frame. It is a little chrome jobbie with 2 adjustable outlets.
2tall79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2002, 09:41 PM   #3
wiggs

2tall79 do oyu have any idea where i can find the little chrome jobbie like oyu say that goes on the frame? Just wondering because i cant find one. thanks
Unread 10-25-2002, 09:55 PM   #4
rustyCJ

arent they all pretty much the same? you should just beable to go to a junkyard and pull one offa any vehicle you like and make it work. I have never seen replacement ones for jeeps.
Unread 10-26-2002, 08:47 AM   #5
2tall79

I agree with rusty , junkyard's your best bet. BTW, it's not actually on the windshield frame but on the horizontal surface just in front.
Unread 10-26-2002, 10:23 AM   #6
2tall79

You might want to give these guys a call. AMCJeepparts.com.
Their part number #960366 might work for you. I couldn't get their link to work.
Unread 10-26-2002, 10:54 AM   #7
wiggs

thanks for the help i might need to visit a junkyard here soon to try and find the part i need. thanks eric
Unread 11-03-2002, 07:34 PM   #8
rustyCJ

i was bored and surfing and ran across this windshield sprayer and membered that someone on here was looking for one. so there you go.
Unread 11-04-2002, 03:43 PM   #9
wiggs

hey thanks alot i might have ot buy that one that oyu found. thanks for forwarding it to me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.