Windshield Cowl weather strip leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Windshield Cowl weather strip leak

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
modzeldp
1976 CJ7 

Windshield Cowl weather strip leak

I've noticed that water gets in under the seal between the windshield frame and the body(cowl). I replaced the seal and still had the problem. Then What I found was that the fiberglass body is sagging in the middle, so if you are to lay a straight edge across from one side to the other it has settled/sagged about 3/8" in the center. I'm thinking of ripping the dash all apart to install some type of reinforcement channel under the fiberglass. Has anyone else ran across a similar problem? If so what did you do to fix it?

modzeldp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
vinnyabs
1983 CJ7 

Can't speak as to a fiberglass tub, but on my steel tub I threw a 3/4" door foam weather strip on the cowl side and haven't looked back since.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.