Willys jeep?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Willys jeep??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 05-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
93YJNewf
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Willys jeep??

I found a guy selling what he says is a willys jeeps, but it just has a wooden cab on it. I think it's a 66 or 67, it has the buick engine in it. I'm wondering what kind of axles, trans, and transfer case it would have??? I'm rebuilding a CJ-7 so I'm wondering if any of this stuff would be anygood to me. The guys says it's running good and he only wants 150 bucks for it.....so what do you all think? any help would be great.

Thanks

93YJNewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #2
Indy

I would assume the gear in the '7 is going to be better than the 50's equipment.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
famicom21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
I would assume the gear in the '7 is going to be better than the 50's equipment.
definately

if it has the buick v6, it is a late 60's early 70's.
i wanna say they used it only from 68 to 71, but im not sure about that.

check out
www.earlycj5.com

Unread 05-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #4
79cj7reny
1979 CJ7 

I think they used the V6 from about '65-'71. In '70 buick bought the tooling back from kaiser.
79cj7reny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #5
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
First of all, the Buick was used from '66 to '71, not in the '50s. Second of all, are you speaking from personal experience, or just assuming? The combination of extremely short wheel base, extremely light weight, extremely high HP to weight ratio, great low gearing, flexible frame, available aftermarket overdrive, Dana 44 rear stock, utilitarian function and good looks make it one of the best JEEPs ever. Don't assume. Especially if that CJ7 happens to be an '80+, the early CJ5 has it beat hands down.
Unread 05-12-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhawkclint
First of all, the Buick was used from '66 to '71, not in the '50s. Second of all, are you speaking from personal experience, or just assuming? The combination of extremely short wheel base, extremely light weight, extremely high HP to weight ratio, great low gearing, flexible frame, available aftermarket overdrive, Dana 44 rear stock, utilitarian function and good looks make it one of the best JEEPs ever. Don't assume. Especially if that CJ7 happens to be an '80+, the early CJ5 has it beat hands down.
ouch Clint(LOL) tell us how you realy feel .
In reality, the 7 would probably be a bit more comfortable and stable, but as for reliability, I perfer my 71(and it's got that cool cj5 look). The Buick is THE best engine offered in a CJ and would run well in the seven, however will have to be adapted.
The downside is there isn't much that will directly switch over to the seven, so while a great buy as a builder, it probably isn't going to be much as a parts rig.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 04:06 AM   #7
93YJNewf
1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for the info guys......got anymore?? LOL
93YJNewf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2007, 07:58 AM   #8
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdaddy2000
ouch Clint(LOL) tell us how you realy feel .
Whoops. After reading that again, it definitely came out a little more abrasive than I intended. Sorry fellas. It was a beer induced post, but still no excuse.

What jeepdaddy said on the parts; not a whole lot to use on a 7.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.