will a T90 bolt to a 258 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > will a T90 bolt to a 258 6

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 05-20-2003, 10:05 AM   #1
soler

will a T90 bolt to a 258 6

Will a t90 bolt on a AMC 258 6 cyl? If not is there a kit ?

soler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2003, 10:30 AM   #2
sampson9dk

Read these...They might be helpful

http://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/e...s_adapters.htm
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/trans/t90.html
sampson9dk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2003, 10:44 AM   #3
soler

Ok

Ok. so with an adapter? I dont know anything about my 258 or a T90. Does Amc and the 134 4 cylinder have the same bellhousing?
Unread 05-20-2003, 11:08 AM   #4
CSP

Not even close. If they were the same a T90 would bolt up to a 258 without an adapter. An adapter is not made to bolt a T90 to an AMC engine. That link samson gave you at Novak was to bolt a T90 to a General Motors engine, specifically a Buick V6, Chevy V8 or I6.

Only the AMC staright sixes and V8's share the same bellhousing bolt pattern.

There are plenty of light duty, inexpensive three speeds out there that will bolt to the 258. The most widely used would be the T150. The T14 and T15 can also be used behind the 258.

Last edited by CSP; 05-20-2003 at 11:15 AM..
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #5
soler

what kit ?

There are two kits for the t90. I have a 258 out of a 1973 AMC Hornet. What kit will work?
Unread 05-20-2003, 01:53 PM   #6
CSP

Are you not paying attention???

Read the kit descriptions and what I just posted. Those kits are for General Motors engines, not AMC. There are no adapters made to adapt the T90 to any AMC engine. Your 258 is an AMC engine.

It can't be done unless you come up with your own adapter.
Unread 05-22-2003, 10:58 AM   #7
soler

alright

OK Ok then what manual transmission will bolt on a 258 and then also allow a dana 18 to be used? T4 ? T5 ? give me setup info. THe only thing that I really cant change is the 6, because I already have one.
Unread 05-27-2003, 11:14 AM   #8
CSP

Any transmission that can be used with a Dana 20 can be used with a Dana 18 as long as it's the large hole version of the 18. I'm not going to list them out as the Novak link samson gave you has the answers. Do the research, it isn't that hard.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.