will the full-time lock hubs on older cj-s replace lockout hubs? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > will the full-time lock hubs on older cj-s replace lockout hubs?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
jeepin cj-5

will the full-time lock hubs on older cj-s replace lockout hubs?

so i blew up a lock-out hub a while back and am in need of a temporary fix so I can wheel this weekend. A guy I know has an old cj with the fulltime locked hubs. I was wondering if these used the same setup as normal cjs just without the hubs.

1985 cj7- SOA w/ Re 1.5" springs, Scout dana 44's, 4.56 gears f/r with full detroit f/r. Flattop knuckles and highsteer. Custom steering with 1 ton TRE's. Procomp es 3000 shocks w/ f250 shock towers. Tom Woods rear d shaft, 37" MTR's... with more and more sh*t piling up
jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Depends. If the hubs are off a D30 and have the same bolt pattern they will. However, you will have to use the wheel bearing nuts as well, as they are different. If it is a D27 (1971 and earlier) the axle spline count will be different.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
bjf498
1983 CJ7 

I would say no. Simply because is to much work to make junk work than it is to go buy a set of hubs I think super winch hubs are around 100 bones at 4 wheel parts.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.