wide track axles on a narrow track CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > wide track axles on a narrow track CJ7

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 05-28-2004, 10:37 AM   #1
81cj7

wide track axles on a narrow track CJ7

I have an 81 CJ7. I am have some axle problems and have been offered a set of wide track axles from an 83 model. Will these axles bolt directly in? Is there anything special I should be taking into account for the installation: brake lines, etc.

Thank you in advance for the assistance

VA jeeper, Charles Shrader

81cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2004, 11:15 AM   #2
motoxxxguy
1995 XJ Cherokee 

They should bolt right in, providing there isn't some unforseen circumstance. The wide track axles are simply a little wider, everything else is the same. You will need the drag link and tie rod from the wide track front axle too.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.