Why are there no cold air intakes for a CJ? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Why are there no cold air intakes for a CJ?

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-19-2010, 10:30 AM   #31
81CJUSMC
1981 CJ7 

Well, I will have to wait and see if my Carter 2BB will work right when I hook it all up. If not, then I will have to weigh out the pro's and cons of what carb to go with. I have read about the MC2100 and the Weber 34/34...Seems to be 6 one way and half dozen the other. If anyone wants to chime in with their preference, all info is appreciated.

Unread 02-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #32
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Transdapt makes an adapter for those of us running an MC2100 to mate the stock air cleaner to the Motorcraft carbs. (provided the MC2100 has a 5-1/8" flange and the carter has a 2-5/8" flange like I think they do).

Old thread but is there any info on this adapter???
Unread 02-26-2013, 12:50 AM   #33
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
As for the lack of CJ stuff in the catalogs.. Think how thick those things would be if they included all of their parts they offer for every Jeep.. They'd kill many trees, pay out the wazoo for shipping/postage, all for vehicles that there is only a niche group for anymore.
Based on the number of thick catalogs I get per year from one company in particular, I'd have to say they don't care at all about printing or postage expenses. I think they would sell more, though, if they made a CJ/YJ catalog separate from the TJ/JK catalog. I think the main problem is deciding where the dividing line is since Jeep never switched everything over all at once to make a new model. For instance early YJs and late CJ's share engines but not axles, and the bodies are very similar, except the grille. TJ's and late YJs share engines and axles (except mounting) but not bodies.
jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #34
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

I'm officially a proponent of the factory style air cleaner and duct. However, I can totally empathize with you on getting a catalog strictly geared towards CJs or CJ/YJs. I literally just asked myself "why have they not done this already?" the other day while flipping thru a Q-tec / 4WDH catalog. I realize they're trying to evolve to a more modern crowd of jeeps like TJ/JK but DAMN! Did they ever think that maybe they're the ones that're [parts houses] pushing the CJs off the road? Seemingly, with the lack of availability for CJ parts and creating the allusion that newer jeep parts are better and easier to find its no wonder. Just my 2...

'83 CJ-7_258 I-6_T-4_D300_AMC20/D30_Bone Stock
BubbaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #35
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

Also, I highly doubt the waste of paper concern even makes a spec on their radar. What about the paper they print all the TJ and JK parts on? To me, that's a huuuuge waste. (<<Notice I used 4 "U's" there) ... That's big.

BubbaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #36
Oily
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
Transdapt makes an adapter for those of us running an MC2100 to mate the stock air cleaner to the Motorcraft carbs. (provided the MC2100 has a 5-1/8" flange and the carter has a 2-5/8" flange like I think they do).
Quote:
Originally Posted by drespecki View Post
Old thread but is there any info on this adapter???
I found this ... :
Last one, part # 2176, $2.87
Oily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #37
GP_Pete
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaK
I'm officially a proponent of the factory style air cleaner and duct.

agreed. It keeps the hot engine air out of your carb. I made my own set-up using a repro chevelle air cleaner and ducts and flanges i bought online. Works like a charm.
GP_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.