Who's Running A Dana 44/60 Combo? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Who's Running A Dana 44/60 Combo?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutfBlack Friday Sale!!

Unread 02-17-2008, 04:21 AM   #1
Military Jeeper
1979 CJ5 

Who's Running A Dana 44/60 Combo?

In my ongoing search for axles here in Hawaii I've stumbled across a Waggy Dana 44 Front and a D60 Semi-Float Rear (Pulled from a limousine).

Now I'm trying to see how this setup would be on my CJ5.........I'm currently SOA with stock rims on 33's..

I'm not planning on running larger then 37's when it's all said and done so I know that the Dana 60 is gonna need to be shaved to make up for the lack of tire that I'd plan on running (Or run a different axle is the feeling that I'm gonna get when you kind folks respond) :talkface:

I'm also a bit un-educated on the pros/cons of semi-floaters other then if your axle breaks on a semi float your tire gets away from you vice on a full float at least all four tires stay where they should be (I believe this to be correct)???

- Can you convert a semi-float to full-float?
- Are the cons of the SF not worth it and to wait for a FF?

Any info you can offer is appreciated.......axles pictured below.

Jason "MJ" - 79 CJ-5 | SOA/HI-STEER | 304/T18A/D20 w/3:1 TeraLow | Holley Avenger Carb | Edelbrock Performer Intake Manifold | DUI Distributor | K&N Filter | Centerforce 2 Clutch | Waggy D44's | 4.11's | ARB's | Hydroboost | HAD Shafts | 35 Toyo MT's|
Military Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

All the semi-floater 60s I've seen came with 35 spline axles and were retained at the flange with a pressed on collar.. no C-clip. I could be way wrong on that axle since it was pulled from a limo. Might ask to pull a shaft and see. If you can unbolt the brake backing plate and yank the axle assembly out.. no C-clips. 35spline shafts would be 1.5" diameter.
The other thing you'll want to check is the width. A front Waggy 44 is in the 60" range while I've seen semi-floater 60s as narrow as 50".

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.