The whole wiring harness. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The whole wiring harness.

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #16
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewdRecon View Post
...Tomorrow and Sunday's project: make my own wiring harness for the entire Jeep
I'm not sure you can complete that in two days start to finish, but let us know how it's coming along!

Unread 07-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
NewdRiver_
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer View Post
Yup, that's factory duct tape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepHammer
What are you trying to wire anyway?

Are you wanting to put the entire wiring harness back in, or just 'Critical' systems?
Will this be a 'Daily Driver'?
I'm wiring everything. The Jeep has had half it's electrical systems torn out and has cut wires and grounding issues everywhere thanks to the 350 and glass body. Plus I need to wire up all my new Autometers and dash switches.

It's easier to simply build a harness instead of tracing each issue. Plus I can add in things I want like a 60 amp circuit for an electric fan, headlights on relays, and wiring for additional lights.

Yup, it's going to be a daily driver for the most part. Needs to be bombproof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxup
Go Painless. Mine was easy. You have allot of work ahead of you.
Where's the fun in buying a harness? I considered it but voted it down because they are about 5x the cost of materials I've spent so far and I'd have to cut it apart anyway because of the 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken4444
I'm not sure you can complete that in two days start to finish, but let us know how it's coming along!
Yeah...but at least I got a start so far

All the wires are mapped, labeled, and have been removed from the fuseblock. Blades from the block are soaking in contact cleaner right now.
NewdRiver_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 05:22 PM   #18
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The plugs and socket are all the same as GM uses in things like full sized vans and such that don't see weather. I got a harness from a van and used all the pigtail ends of the plugs (plug with 6" of wire, used solder and weatherproof heat shrink) to solder in for almost new plugs and sockets. They are easy to find at wreckers. Just a thought for you. That lasted me 10 years in the rust belt, then I went with a Centech harness because there was no copper left in the old one to solder to.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.