Who is the Weber Tune Guru? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Who is the Weber Tune Guru?

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.850" LED Light Bar with Overhead Mounting Brackets $69

Unread 07-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
b.d.d.
1983 CJ8 

Who is the Weber Tune Guru?

I would like to do some tune work on this thing with the new cam and all, but know nothing about Webers. Yes, I got the Weber carb manual from Haynes, but it is not much help. All I have done is go from box to intake.

I have the PSI regulator installed and set at 3.5 psi. I'm having to use springs and all kinds of stuff to keep the carb at idle. Most of the screws are either screwed all the way in or all the way out. No matter what I do nothing seems to make a change. The carb itself never seems to kick in, runs on one brl at all times.

I need some help, step by step type instructions, something. 34 DGEC

Unread 07-21-2008, 08:48 PM   #2
CJhollic
1980 CJ7 

Here is the web site that has all the set up procedures.

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/Tec...f_contents.htm
ViAir Onboard Air
TeamRush ignition upgrade with MSD 6a CDI
Dual Batteries
KC Daylighters
Cold Air Intake
Lock-Right Lockers
Yukon 1 piece axles
Custom Bumper& Swing Out Tire Carrier
Mile Marker Hubs
Chevy Blower Upgrade
1500 lb airbag suspension
Floor mounted gun rack (2 guns)
CJhollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
mcmud
Web Wheeler
1983 CJ8 

Weber? Hardly!

But this link covers the 'thing' you have. I would suggest you send it back if you can and get a genuine Weber. The Haynes Weber Manual, nor the Webers Tunning Manual or any of the distributors or suppliers will participate in any manner with the remedies necessary with the 'morph' you have. This and other forums are crowded with prior post concerning 'The New Weber'.
I hate to be so negative. I'd help if I could but I can't.
You need a genuine guru or a Weber!

Here is the link for all the good it will do and Good Luck; http://www.racetep.com/dgec.html
mcmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
Mr.Crowley
1980 CJ7 

my best geuss would be a major air leak..probably in the base adaptor..Reset the carb to out of the box tuneing and check for leaks..
"offroad it, and wave then you might understand"[/QUOTE]
BLS Home Chapter... Where it all Started
:hahaha: yj

My low Buck Rock Crawler project Project..Stop by and check it out..[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=497896"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The lizzard Queen[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Mr.Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
WolfDawg
1984 CJ7 

Yep....mcmud is right. This is the same carb I have and it's just an off-brand POS with Weber stickers on it....I hate mine. When I can afford to, I think I'm getting fuel injection...
WolfDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.