Who is Rugged Ridge? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Who is Rugged Ridge?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 12-05-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Who is Rugged Ridge?

Has anyone dealt with Rugged Ridge products? They aren't just stealhorse reinvented are they?

Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

They are owned by Omix-Ada
http://www.schohariecountyjeepclub.org
j33pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

Here's a link to their company info page

http://www.omix-ada.com/about.htm
Unread 12-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33pman View Post
Here's a link to their company info page

http://www.omix-ada.com/about.htm
OK, thanks, they are mostly a reseller it would seem with limited selection. They only offer the expensive version of any product I seem to want.

That means my local Jeep shop isn't going to get my business. They want me to go look up the part numbers myself, then call them back for pricing and this place only sells one option. the $$$ one. Too bad.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Unread 12-05-2008, 01:05 PM   #5
j33pman
1984 CJ7 

sorry to hear that
Unread 12-05-2008, 01:21 PM   #6
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Omix doesn't sell to the public they only supply resellers. But the cool thing about them is once in a while they score large lots of vintage Jeep parts and publish their stash in their periodic publication. But you still need to go through a reseller to get at that stash too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM   #7
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
Omix doesn't sell to the public they only supply resellers. But the cool thing about them is once in a while they score large lots of vintage Jeep parts and publish their stash in their periodic publication. But you still need to go through a reseller to get at that stash too.
I was actually more wondering who 'made' Rugged Ridge parts. Bad makers seem to pop up under different names and this one seems new....
Unread 12-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
DILYSI Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
Has anyone dealt with Rugged Ridge products? They aren't just stealhorse reinvented are they?
No.

Quote:
OK, thanks, they are mostly a reseller it would seem with limited selection. They only offer the expensive version of any product I seem to want.

That means my local Jeep shop isn't going to get my business. They want me to go look up the part numbers myself, then call them back for pricing and this place only sells one option. the $$$ one. Too bad.
Far from a limited selection. What are you looking for? Maybe I can help. Feel free to drop me a line - dhardy at omix-ada dot com
DILYSI Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 09:44 AM   #9
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILYSI Dave View Post
No.
Far from a limited selection. What are you looking for? Maybe I can help. Feel free to drop me a line - dhardy at omix-ada dot com
OK, I will drop you a line later today, thanks. I am rebuilding my CJ7 again and I have a large parts list for a new frame install and 'frame up restore' and limited time due to an upcoming move and your 'photos coming soon' section just doesn't do it for me, I got frustrated with no photos and no prices on things.

It makes me want to go directly to the American makers of the parts rather than take a chance on the one Jeep shop around me with no competition to keep their pricing in line and obvious lack of a parts department or even a friendly sales person. I also got suckered in the past from this shop when they sold me garbage made by stealhorse. Nothing like pre-rusted in the box "stainless" parts and bikini top straps that break in the first wind eh.

I want things like a Centech new wiring harness and some nice stainless hinges, 'nerf' bars and stainless brake lines with rock coils to match my chrome and stainless Laredo package that will last and the brand Rugged Ridge is an unknown to me. Same for those mesh brake lines to the wheels, all the ones I have seen up here in Canada are rotted causing leaks by their wires puncturing their 'rubber' cores. That is when I see them, to fix them...
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #10
CJ7VFR

DILYSI Dave, your pm mailbox is full. I tried to send you a pm about a part I am looking for, but since your mailbox
is full, it won't go thru.

I am looking for the dipstick tube with the welded on bracket for my 1985 Jeep CJ-7 with the 4 cyl AMC engine.

Mine currently has a hairline crack in it just above where the braket is welded to the tube, and under a load,
is spits out a nice bit of oil!! I clamped a short piece of fuel line hose over the crack in order to stop the leak,
but I would really like to just replace the whole thing if they are still available.

Thanks!

Jim
CJ7VFR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #11
DILYSI Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7VFR View Post
DILYSI Dave, your pm mailbox is full. I tried to send you a pm about a part I am looking for, but since your mailbox
is full, it won't go thru.

I am looking for the dipstick tube with the welded on bracket for my 1985 Jeep CJ-7 with the 4 cyl AMC engine.

Mine currently has a hairline crack in it just above where the braket is welded to the tube, and under a load,
is spits out a nice bit of oil!! I clamped a short piece of fuel line hose over the crack in order to stop the leak,
but I would really like to just replace the whole thing if they are still available.

Thanks!

Jim
They are not being remanufactured yet, but it looks like Chrysler still has some in their supply chain. You're looking for P/N J3241748.
Unread 12-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #12
DILYSI Dave
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Romain View Post
OK, I will drop you a line later today, thanks. I am rebuilding my CJ7 again and I have a large parts list for a new frame install and 'frame up restore' and limited time due to an upcoming move and your 'photos coming soon' section just doesn't do it for me, I got frustrated with no photos and no prices on things.

It makes me want to go directly to the American makers of the parts rather than take a chance on the one Jeep shop around me with no competition to keep their pricing in line and obvious lack of a parts department or even a friendly sales person. I also got suckered in the past from this shop when they sold me garbage made by stealhorse. Nothing like pre-rusted in the box "stainless" parts and bikini top straps that break in the first wind eh.

I want things like a Centech new wiring harness and some nice stainless hinges, 'nerf' bars and stainless brake lines with rock coils to match my chrome and stainless Laredo package that will last and the brand Rugged Ridge is an unknown to me. Same for those mesh brake lines to the wheels, all the ones I have seen up here in Canada are rotted causing leaks by their wires puncturing their 'rubber' cores. That is when I see them, to fix them...
On the photos - While we are trying to fulfill the photo needs as quickly as possible, we don't have everything done yet. If you need any specifics drop me an email and I'll see if I can help.

On the pricing - We only sell wholesale. We don't publish any pricing. That is up to the individual retailer. While we try to equip our retailers with the best tools we can, some are better than others. It sounds like you aren't being well served by yours. It might be time to find another shop. They don't even need to be Jeep specific - if they are in the parts business, they can get our stuff.

Sounds like you've already picked out a wiring harness. It's not ours, so I can't help you there, but I've heard good things about it. The stainless hinges and nerf bars we can help with. The wingshield hinges you want are P/N 11112.01. The Hood Kit is 11101.01. The body half of the lower door hinge is 11113.04 (the upper body mount half is part of the windshield hinge). The door mounted hinge halves are P/N 11113.01. The nerf bars for your CJ are P/N 11593.02. We do have stainless brake lines, but I'd need more info on your vehicle to get you P/N's. What year, and does it have Quadratrac? Also - I'm not sure what you mean by rock coils.

Just to make sure you have options, I did google all of the P/N's I gave you, and numerous retailers popped up for each part. Any of these retailers should be able to get you all of the parts you need. Hope this helps!
Unread 12-08-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILYSI Dave View Post
On the photos - While we are trying to fulfill the photo needs as quickly as possible, we don't have everything done yet. If you need any specifics drop me an email and I'll see if I can help.
Thanks for your time. I got ambitious over the weekend and sourced out most things direct.

I realized I already have some of your stuff, namely a windshield frame that had Omix on the box it came in if I remember right...

That local Jeep shop has really lost my business. Having to go and browse a WWW site with no pricing, then having to call them back with part numbers, then having to go back and browse the WWW to see how much others are charging for the parts vs having two or three web pages open and then just ordering direct or even making one phone call for pricing, well it was tiring just typing this......
Unread 12-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #14
1984CJ
1984 CJ7 

In My Opinion.

Rugged ridge is simply poor quality chinese reproduction equipment that is manufactured somewhat close to OEM specs. Unfortunately sometimes they are the only place to get some of the parts we need.
ANYTHING made of rubber from them that I have used has a lifespan of weeks.
Metal parts may or may not fit and mostly require fitting.

At least with Steel Horse you knew exactly what you were getting. There was no gamble.
Originally Posted by ftdranger
You guys on the CJ tech page are a little to tech for me. Must be the leaf springs.
1984CJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.