who else needs rubber glove box bumpers? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > who else needs rubber glove box bumpers?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-05-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
gps4
1981 CJ7 

who else needs rubber glove box bumpers?

im trying to get my hands on 2 glove box bumpers. it looks like auveco part 4250 fits the bill. only problem is that i can only find a box of 25 .

i'm considering ordering a box from my local fastenal, but before i do, i was wondering if there is anyone else who may have ordered a box and have a couple to spare, or, is there anyone that needs a few but not a whole box.

if noone has extras they's be willing to let go of for cost plus postage, i plan to order a box and then make the extras available to whoever else is also looking.

gps4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #2
dirtdudeaz
1983 CJ7 

My local Ace Hardware sells them in the loose hardware section. They had all sorts of sizes.
dirtdudeaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #3
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Mine does as well. And they're much cheaper than GM sells them for as "gas tank filler door bumpers".

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

I need some also... As well as ones for between the hood and top of the grill and between the fan shroud and inner grill. I havent checked the local ace or homedepot... Thanks for the heads up. You guys think they would also have the others im looking for? Any advice on sizes or possibility of pictures being i dont have anything to gauge buying em off of?
Unread 11-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
gps4
1981 CJ7 

Stopped by the local advance auto here in town and surprised to find a clear plastic pack of 5 box door bumpers on the rack amongst all the other nick-knack misc pieces like door handles and lock pulls and panel clips.

If you need a couple, send me your address and I'll try to get them out to you tomorrow.
gps4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 09:54 PM   #6
jbsealy
Street Jeep

1985 CJ7 

Glove box bumpers and hood to grille bumpers are not nearly the same. Hood to grille are available on ebay from several sources. I just bought a set of 4 for about $8 included shipping. Omix parts
jbsealy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #7
My83andMe
1983 CJ7 

I'm aware of the difference, just throwing it out there with hopes someone knows a quick local hardware store fix rather than having to go through ordering and shipping. I'm not a very patient person at times... Especially when it comes to having to wait for jeep parts lol
My83andMe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2014, 10:56 PM   #8
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

Are they the same as the old ones? I sold my CJ, otherwise I'd check for you. http://www.kaiserwillys.com/product/...ts-accessories
JrTjK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #9
2001WJv8
1983 CJ7 

i need these too, but they're somewhere down the line of things i need ( just got my new body mounts, steering stabilizer, new front seats on the way, upgrade halogen headlights on the way ...$$$$) i'll check the local sun valley hardware, or lowes also has some weird fasteners ... beyond that mcmaster-carr is always a good source for weird hardware stuff
2001WJv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.