whitco tops - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > whitco tops

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 08-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
ChrisEaton82
1982 CJ7 

whitco tops

Hi everyone!

I have a question about the Jeep factory whitco tops, specifically where what snaps to what on the rear most bow. there are two straps that go down to something on the body I assume (my CJ7 does not have any) and then there are two short straps that look like they capture the rear bow, but snapping to the bow itself or back to themselves? I can see that the rear and side windows all have short straps to hold them when they are rolled up, but the remaining routing of straps I cannot figure out for sure. Any old school guys out there remember the "right way" to do these?

Thanks!!

ChrisEaton82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
spward

1985 CJ7 

I though the straps went from the back bar to the corners. In the 2nd pic, I have a bracket in each corner and the 1st picture shows that strap actually wrapped around the rollbar (which I think is wrong). I want to say that the top snaps to the back bar and has short straps to allow the rear windows to be rolled up. Hope it helps a little

USN Hull #227
spward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

Spward, those straps go through the footmans loops on the corner
OP, those 2 short straps go to 2 snaps on the rear bow.
LG
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Here's a pic from a Whitco installation manual I still have from my replacement top back in the day.

The long straps hold the bow taught to the corner footman loops.

Short straps sewn into the back of the top and at the corners, wrap around the bow and snap to it at the corners. There is also some short straps that are about a foot in length that gives you the ability to roll up the rear window and snap the strap into a loop to hold it in place also.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.