where should i put my Engine Ground - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > where should i put my Engine Ground

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 05-03-2014, 06:15 AM   #1
garusher
1979 CJ5 

where should i put my Engine Ground

HI,

I'm doing the jeep hammer battery to starter, alternator upgrade.

that write up does not state where i should put an engine to frame Ground or if i need one.

Should i go off the new starter ground to the frame? or just off some bolt on the motor to the frame?

Should i ground the alloy heads also? maybe a 10 gauge from my grounding post to the first head and daisy chain to the second head?

Thanks
Gary

garusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 06:39 AM   #2
1949er

Factory is from block motor mount bolt to frame mount also run one from block to body
1949er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2014, 06:43 AM   #3
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

The stock one on mine is a heavy mesh strap that goes from one side of the drivers side engine mount to the other. The engine to body one is a strap from a head bolt to the firewall. Mesh straps are used due to the vibration and movement. Copper cables can work harden over time from the engine movement and fray apart.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.