Where to Route Wire to Rear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Where to Route Wire to Rear

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 02-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
scjarena
1979 CJ5 

Where to Route Wire to Rear

On my 79 CJ5, the tub was replaced with fiberglass by the previous owner. The wiring to the rear runs along the drivers side along to the corner to the rear. Is this the correct routing as original? I didn't know if it is supposed to run along the underside of the body or frame to the rear. Thanks

scjarena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
CSP

It should run within the lip at the top edge of the tub side on the drivers side. Sounds like it's correct.
CSP is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
scjarena
1979 CJ5 

Ok, cool, Thanks
scjarena is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
Nereussailor
1984 CJ7 

I've got a 4wd glass body. On mine, and there's a double wall running inside the tub under the doors and along the lip of the tub. I put the wiring in the wire loom and used the plastic clamps to hold it along the underside of the door then up along the lip of the tub to the back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.