Where to put ACME hard top windshield seal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Where to put ACME hard top windshield seal?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #1
dls1955
1981 CJ5 

Where to put ACME hard top windshield seal?

So the person that had the Jeep before me put spray foam then duct tape between the windshield and top. Took 5 hours to remove the top and clean the foam out. I still have to clean it better. I bought what is supposed to be the correct seal for it but It's not clear where it is supposed to fit. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks. 81CJ5 Laredo

So i found a seal on EBay and the instructions say to attach it to the front of the top with rubber cement. I'm going to try to attach it with silicone. Should hold and seal good plus make it easier to remove if necessary.

Last edited by dls1955; 05-25-2013 at 11:51 PM.. Reason: Add a solution for the seal
dls1955 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

I'll be no help; but I also have that hardtop for my cj7. Where did you find the seal? I also have access to a set of doors but can't find latch posts.

Dave in Muskegon
dg6772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #3
pman
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

This isn't for a CJ5 Acme hardtop, so it may not apply:

http://www.4wd.com/Instructions/OAI/MS-41190.pdf

FWIW, I've always used clear silicone sealant where the outer lip meets the windshield. Works great for sealing out the wind noise and is easy to remove. Again, this is for a factory hardtop on a CJ/YJ, so not sure how the Acme is set up.
82 CJ8 Scrambler 258-t5-Dana 300
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/cj...-lulu-1350563/
pman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #4
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

Ok, thanks

Dave in Muskegon
dg6772 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.