where to get insurance for my 86 CJ7? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > where to get insurance for my 86 CJ7?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 11-18-2003, 06:45 PM   #1
edge1

where to get insurance for my 86 CJ7?

my ins company will only insure my cj for $2000 and it should be worth $8-10K. What company will insure for more than blue book value (an agreed upon value)? How are others insuring their very nice or modded cj's?

edge1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2003, 07:35 PM   #2
bstruckm

Thats a good question, I always figured the premiums would be so high that it wasn't worth it. Just get normal insurance and put the difference into more toys or a rainy day fund.

But search the net for collector car insurance and you'll find tons of companies willing to take your money.

Like http://www.americancollectorsins.com/

Good luck, get some quotes and let us know what they say.
bstruckm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2003, 10:35 PM   #3
CJman77
1977 CJ7 

Hey look into State Farm I have my 77 through them they gave me a decent price. Took pics etc. Give em a shot

B
CJman77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2003, 05:25 AM   #4
Scrambler82
1982 CJ8 

I am not sure where to get this done but if your vehicle is worth more than the book value and you want to insure your vehicle for the larger amount, get an apprasial.

Usually an insurance will insure the vehicle for the increased amount if you want to pay for it.
Have you had any bad dealings with this company ?
Is insurance company an Agency or the actual Insurance Company ?
Call the Insurance Company and ask for information, if it is what you want, present it to your Agent.

Sometimes Insurance Companies will increase the amount if you agree to specific qualification to the pay out. i.e. if the vehicle is stolen there is a pay out. If there is body damage theat happened in the woods (try an prove it) or by abuse then there is no pay out.

My Home Owners policy had no problem nicrease the rider to cover my wife's diamond ring. I guess it all depends on what they consider the risk to be.

There are Antique Car Insurance Companies too.

Luck,

Do it right the first time !
Scrambler82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2003, 03:27 AM   #5
Sandman74

When I bought my 76 CJ7, I brought it to my State Farm agent and told him that it was a restoration/build-up project. He told me to keep my reciepts and keep photos. I now have my "Jeep binder" in my office where all my jeep related reciepts/photos are kept. I sort of get the best of both worlds, a low premium and full coverage.
Unread 11-20-2003, 03:56 PM   #6
Lightningdon

Ditto what Sandman said! I also have my 75CJ insured with State Farm. I simply told them it was not stock, but modified, and wears Street Rod plates. I wanted it insured for a certain amount. Gave them photos, they got back to me and said A OK. They basically do a breif appraisal, and if they think it's a fair price, they will insure for your amount. One limit for me is that I have a mileage limit of 7000 miles per year. My ins is pretty affordable.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
Lightningdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-21-2003, 03:52 PM   #7
Sandman74

I have the same mileage limit and have never exceeded it, so it's no big deal. They will give you a mileage limit as low as 5000 miles if you are looking to shave a few dollars off your premium. Just something to keep in mind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.