Where do I get scrap 1" aluminum pucks??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Where do I get scrap 1" aluminum pucks???

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 03-15-2002, 11:12 PM   #1
AeroViper1

Where do I get scrap 1" aluminum pucks???

I want to lift up my jeep an inch and I was debating on hockey pucks or aluminum pucks...who do I look too for aluminum pucks? Everybody I talk to says scrap aluminum...where do I find that?...I'm in Charlotte, North Carolina if anybody here knows of anywhere.

AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:45 PM   #2
evilpsych

instructions to make your own 1" body pucks
1. take 50 cans of beer
2. drink 50 cans of beer
3. smash 50 cans of beer on forehead
4. stack cans until you have a 1" puck
5. repeat for each puck needed.

OR

go buy alu bar stock from a metal supply hut, cut into 1" segments, and drill holes for bolts..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2002, 07:56 AM   #3
AeroViper1

Well...I tried the beer cans last night...passed out before I could finish all 50 so I guess it's off to the metal shop...Lol
AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2002, 09:09 AM   #4
JL

Hey Aero, I'd like to hear where you find the aluminum and cost when you finish, I'm here in Charlotte too and considering a small body lift.
Unread 03-17-2002, 02:49 PM   #5
junger

Try M.O.R.E instead of trying to make some...
junger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2002, 02:56 PM   #6
evilpsych

personally i would just go get the daystar replacement body mount 1" lift kit..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.