Wheels anr rims qustion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Wheels anr rims qustion

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 09-08-2006, 08:30 AM   #1
Big John

Wheels anr rims qustion

So i was thinking of getting some wheel spacers to push my tires and rims out to give it a wider stance but for the same price i can get some new rims. Black AR with the red/blue stripe 15X10's with a negative offset of -38. In have 33X12.5 BF's on my stock ones right now(have now idea what they are-i think old enkeis)
Heres my question, any idea how far out they will be pushed? 1" or 2" or more?
Id like to give it the wider stance. The rims by local tire place is costing me $59/each..The spacers were $250 for the 1 1/2"..the choice was a no brainer..i have an all white jeep with a black top so i think it will look good with the black rims

I notice that the centercaps and lugnuts are chrome, I was wondering if anybody else had bought these and new were to get black centercaps and lugs(or am i not going to have luck with that?)

thanks, in advance

[url]www.csrascootertrash.com[/url]
[url]www.csraoffroad.com[/url]
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
K.C.Jeep
1983 CJ7 

You'll have to compare the backspacing on your current rims with the backspacing of the new rims to figure out your net gain in width.

I'm totally with you, Black Rims on a White Jeep, NICE

I've seen the black center caps and lugs on ebay, do a search.

Good Luck!
Unread 09-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Mudslide
1980 CJ7 

Here are the nuts.....http://www.gorilla-auto.com/products...=249&sfID2=249 Maybe you could use a spray bomb on the old caps?
03 GMC-DD work truck.

Time is fun when you're havin' flies.
Mudslide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
Big John

awesome, thanks for all the info..my guy actually found the black lugnuts for like 3$ more but still have not found the black caps..might jsut have to have them powdercoated black or something
How do you check backspacing?..i guess im going googling..haha

[url]www.csrascootertrash.com[/url]
[url]www.csraoffroad.com[/url]
Big John is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.