Wheel advice requested - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Wheel advice requested

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #1
197JeepRenegade
1975 CJ5 

Wheel advice requested

Hello.

I have a 1975 CJ-5. Currently it has a 1" shackle lift and 31" x 10.5 tires, 15" rims. I really like the big wheel look, but I have heard that they cause lots of problems. I have non power drum brakes and no power steering (though I'm pretty strong and the only driver).

Could I put fatter/bigger tires on this? How big could I go without a lift? I don't do any heavy off road running, mostly on the road with the kids. I often take it on the highway. I would kinda like 33's, but fatter. Even fatter 31's would be pretty good. Would I need spacers? Would this cause steering wobble, etc? I know a guy that put 35's on his CJ-7, and now it wobbles. Of course, I don't want problems like that.

197JeepRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.