Whats a Quail hunting CJ7 Golden eagle worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Whats a Quail hunting CJ7 Golden eagle worth?

Rubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 08-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
rocknv
1980 CJ7 

Whats a Quail hunting CJ7 Golden eagle worth?

I have a CJ7 Golden Eagle used for hunting in south texas that I want to sell locally. Have no idea what it is worth. Runs good, brakes need work. Inline 6 with manual transmission/4wd. Not street legal. This is not a babied show vehicle - its set up for hunting.
Has elevated rear seat and 2 front seats on front platform.
Any comments are helpful.
thanks!

jeep-photo-front-view.jpg

jeep-photo-rear-view.jpg

rocknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Looks like the windshield is rusted out from the backside. Assuming it has no top and has been sitting out in the rain / sun $1500 - $2000 tops IMHO
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Pics of floor and frame would help. If either are savable, $1500-2k here... if someone can get past the looks. If quail hunting isn't popular, cut that junk off, clean up a bit, and try listing.
Unread 08-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #4
2Xtreme
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeprage View Post
Pics of floor and frame would help. If either are savable, $1500-2k here....
A lot more if those seats had a different camo pattern....
2Xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
rocknv
1980 CJ7 

Hey thanks for the comments. I was thinking $1k initially, but looks like I'll start at $2k. The floor and frame have no rust whatsoever. Windshield and one side panel has some rust. Normally I have seat covers on all the seats, but I pulled them off to clean everything up. My two young daughters love this thing, but I'm running out of storage space for my toys, and I hate to just let this thing sit (hence the brakes acting up)- 4 wd and tranny work great.
love the site!
cheers
rocknv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
Jeeprage
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknv View Post
Hey thanks for the comments. I was thinking $1k initially, but looks like I'll start at $2k. The floor and frame have no rust whatsoever. Windshield and one side panel has some rust. Normally I have seat covers on all the seats, but I pulled them off to clean everything up. My two young daughters love this thing, but I'm running out of storage space for my toys, and I hate to just let this thing sit (hence the brakes acting up)- 4 wd and tranny work great.
love the site!
cheers
If you aren't opposed to doing work, I'd either remove, or look for some cheap flares. Those make the Jeep look beat. And again, unless you think you'll find someone wanting a hunting Jeep, I'd cut that stuff off.
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #7
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Cut all that stuff off and make it appear as stock as you can. Your Jeep will appeal to a much larger group. Right now you're going after a specialized market.

And don't forget it's a "Golden Eagle" (How apropos for a quail rig... )

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.