What's my jeep worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What's my jeep worth?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 06-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
nnfdcane
1986 CJ7 

What's my jeep worth?

Unfortunately I may be selling my jeep here soon, not really sure what I should ask for it so I figured I'd ask you guys.
It's an 86 with a 360 and has a Turbo 350 tranny with Dana 44 rear end. Motor has 20k on it after rebuild. Has a 3" suspension lift with brand new tires and wheels (less than 150 miles on them). Has new ceramic coated Headman headers and a new safari bikini top. I also have a hard top and full steel doors. Has ice cold ac, new bluetooth stereo with a big amp, 10" bass tube, and 6x9's. It has minor rust under entry on both sides and on the bottom of windshield. Frame is in good shape with no rust. The steel doors have soon rust around the window frame. The tranny has a small leak, looks like it may need a new pan gasket, other than that the jeep runs great.
BTW, this jeep never goes off road, it's my weekend cruiser and garage kept

nnfdcane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

Hard to say, looks like you have a rust problem at least on the windshield and side of the tub.

You will kick yourself for selling it.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 07:00 PM   #3
Sherms-CJ7

1982 CJ7 

It's worth whatever you can get for it! Sorry, I know you want a better answer, but that's the bottom line. Still, maybe you could get a better idea of what you might get for it. What the frame look like? How are the body mounts? I bet you could get 5-6K for it easy; actually, I bet you could probably get more, but that's where your sales skills will have to come into play. For a better idea, you probably should check to see what similar year Jeeps are going for on Ebay and/or Craigslist.

Good luck!
()_)-()_)-o-)_)

... can't take credit for the graphic ... but it's cool, ain't it?
Sherms-CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #4
sanddrag
1984 CJ7 

Your air conditioning setup in the dash is very interesting. I haven't seen a setup quite like that before.
sanddrag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 08:04 PM   #5
nnfdcane
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherms-CJ7 View Post
It's worth whatever you can get for it! Sorry, I know you want a better answer, but that's the bottom line. Still, maybe you could get a better idea of what you might get for it. What the frame look like? How are the body mounts? I bet you could get 5-6K for it easy; actually, I bet you could probably get more, but that's where your sales skills will have to come into play. For a better idea, you probably should check to see what similar year Jeeps are going for on Ebay and/or Craigslist.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about starting between $7-8,000.
I've looked on Craigslist and auto trader, the prices are all over the place...
Some going for $5-7,000. Then there's others that aren't THAT much nicer than mine and they're asking $15-20,00. I guess it's like you said, it's worth what I can get for it.
My frame and mounts are fine. The only rust I have is a couple small spots on the bottom by entry way on both sides and on the bottom of my windshield.
Unread 06-22-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
RenoF250
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnfdcane View Post
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking about starting between $7-8,000.
I've looked on Craigslist and auto trader, the prices are all over the place...
Some going for $5-7,000. Then there's others that aren't THAT much nicer than mine and they're asking $15-20,00. I guess it's like you said, it's worth what I can get for it.
My frame and mounts are fine. The only rust I have is a couple small spots on the bottom by entry way on both sides and on the bottom of my windshield.
I would start higher than that, you can always come down.
RenoF250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #7
Rolandt03
1983 CJ7 

What's the story on the ac unit? What type is it/where did it come from. Never seen a factory setup like that
Rolandt03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
jason280
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't believe $6k + will be difficult, and you can likely get close to $7k out of the Jeep.
jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
nnfdcane
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandt03 View Post
What's the story on the ac unit? What type is it/where did it come from. Never seen a factory setup like that
Not really sure, LOL. I bought this jeep about 15 years ago. The guy I bought it from had it restored, think it was added then but not certain.
Unread 06-22-2014, 10:01 PM   #10
jason280
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just to be curious, what did you pay when you bought it 15 years ago?
jason280 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2014, 10:07 PM   #11
nnfdcane
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason280 View Post
Just to be curious, what did you pay when you bought it 15 years ago?
Paid $9,500. I it was in perfect shape back then. Guy just got done having someone restore it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.