What's The Latest Model Year CJ 7 With NO MICROCHIPS of Any Kind? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What's The Latest Model Year CJ 7 With NO MICROCHIPS of Any Kind?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 03-04-2014, 07:30 AM   #46
stgil
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLJ View Post
I was obviously misinformed. I'd love to have one. How many did they make and were they sold in the US?
~3000 RENAULT engines were made for Europe(mainly to FRANCE), I believe few dozen are still on the road in bad shape...if you want to see a diesel one look at my restoration thread ...
I have no information about numbers of ISUZU made , they were exported worldwide
I don't know if they were sold in USA

Regards,

Gilles

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:22 AM   #47
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

It was my understanding that the EMP attack was just phase 1 with a follow up soon after.

I've lived through "duck and cover" and the air raid sirens going off on the last Friday of the month at 10:30 in the morning.

If you can find it, you can have my Jeep. The spare key is in the usual hiding place.
Unread 03-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #48
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

Quote:
I was obviously misinformed. I'd love to have one. How many did they make and were they sold in the US?

Look for the Cummins 4BD(?) conversion.

Best bet in the States.
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:18 PM   #49
wm69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrs1 View Post
Better go back to the "generator years". Those pesky alternators have diode rectifiers and internal regulators and such stuff.
Interesting. Never thought about the components in an alternator. With the limited info we (the sheeple) are given on EMP's, pretty much everything is speculation as far as what would and would not be affected......

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #50
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post

Interesting. Never thought about the components in an alternator. With the limited info we (the sheeple) are given on EMP's, pretty much everything is speculation as far as what would and would not be affected......
EMP's are just electromagnetic pulses. Magnetic pulses wipe out data. Alternators are pretty dumb, no data to wipe out. Alternators make their own EMP field that you can hear in an improperly installed stereo.

One of those industrial vacuums or old uprights have been known to wipe out hard drives that were in desktop 'tower' cases on the floor from their EMP
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 12:43 PM   #51
WLJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm69 View Post

Yeah, I don't think "solid state" components such as transistors, diodes, etc. would be effected by EMP.

Only those chips that are "programmable" and thus eraseable, etc.

So, I don't think that alternators, etc. would be impacted.
WLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #52
yahwhy
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Thanks for your input/concern.

However, my question here was a tactical one involving equipment, not a strategic one.

I came to the perceived "experts" on equipment, in this case Jeep CJs to ask a specific question on that topic.

If I have a question on prepping strategy, I'll ask that question of the perceived "experts" on prepping.

Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not here to discuss prepping strategy, I'm here to discuss Jeep CJs.

In other words the "how" not the "why".
Killer Response,
Who is to know what could happen in a EMP, either natural/man made, same but different, who's to say it won't burn out a condenser on your ole trusty points set up, maybe we could summon JH and he could set us all straight with a sermon on the effects of an EMP.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch,I'll just pack this spare HEI in my shielded amo box.
yahwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #53
wm69

http://www.endtimesreport.com/

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread...ng-a-Scrambler

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread...MP-proof/page2

I keep gas cans full of ethanol free gas and add stabalizer to them. That way, if something happens (like the ice storm we had last week) I have fuel around the house. I use it in my small engines (ATV, generator, chainsaws, mowers, weedeater, outboard, hedge trimmers, etc) and twice a year I pour whatever's left in my vehicles and go fill with fresh gas.

If something really bad happened I wouldn't have enough to last for long, but I would have enough on hand to have options of moving somewhere safer if I need to, and in the meantime I have gas handy if I need it for whatever.

Nothing wrong with being prepared. I have extra ignition modules around just in case one blows on a Sunday when my local NAPA is closed. Not like they're expensive so why not keep spares around?

Same thing with gas. Why not keep it around, and pour it in your vehicle and refill the cans periodically to keep your supply fresh? Doesn't cost you anything extra, and you never know when you might need it.....

I guess I need to rig up one of those faraday cages just in case.....

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.