Whats is a CJ's worth with a YJ Tub ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Whats is a CJ's worth with a YJ Tub ?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs and

Unread 11-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
jeeppwner
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Whats is a CJ's worth with a YJ Tub ?

My neighbor is tempted to sell his 79 CJ-7(title) but is a YJ/Wrangler tub..
360,T-18,Yukon single piece axles, no A/C. I only crawled underneath once to look at rear frame rust, which it was clean.. Is there anything else I should look at? Looks cleaner then 80% of the CJ's in my area.

Any idea on what to pay?

jeeppwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

If the tub swap was done properly, I don't think it should hurt the value. Pics would really help put A value on it though!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ha...build-1409432/
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

The only time a YJ tub would hurt the value is if it was being sold as a "complete restoration" but still had all the YJ differences like the roll bar spreaders, swing out tailgate etc. Things that a purist looking for a completely oem jeep could use as bargaining tools

CJ's are in no way an investment so if it's rust free, built how you want and at a price you are ok with just go with it and don't worry about "value".
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore View Post
The only time a YJ tub would hurt the value is if it was being sold as a "complete restoration" but still had all the YJ differences like the roll bar spreaders, swing out tailgate etc. Things that a purist looking for a completely oem jeep could use as bargaining tools

CJ's are in no way an investment so if it's rust free, built how you want and at a price you are ok with just go with it and don't worry about "value".
What would lower the value for a "purist", can raise the value for somebody just looking for a nice solid, rust free Jeep.
Unread 11-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
jeeppwner
1999 XJ Cherokee 

After thinking about it I checked e-bay completed auctions. That gave me a good range. Right now my neighbor wants a little too much lol... Thanks for the help.
jeeppwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #6
dahreno

Usually people selling their vehicles are asking more than what they are willing to actually sell them for . If you like it , make him an offer .We want to know the price .
dahreno is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.