What YJ parts are interchangeable with CJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What YJ parts are interchangeable with CJ

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #1
quade
1984 CJ7 

What YJ parts are interchangeable with CJ

I searched the forum and did not find the specific answer but it seems as if there are a lot of YJ parts that could be used on a CJ. Is there any members who have found YJ parts they have put on their CJ which seems to be a better fit?

I ask this as a "what if" type of question. I have a Bestop Supertop and need the upper portion of the windows because the plastic is in pretty bad shape, but dont want to have to buy a whole new set of doors. You can buy just the top portion of the YJ windows for less. Is it possible that these top portions of the YJ doors will fit the CJ soft bottom doors?

What, if anything, fit both YJ and CJ models?

I apologize if this is too much of a Noob question. I'm just trying to get ideas for upgrading my CJ.

Thanks

84 CJ

quade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
starfire340
1983 CJ7 

Hi Quade...I would check out the online Quadratech catalogue (or other supplier). Carefully check part number descriptions. I would also shoot off an email or call Bestop directly. I know the water(s) can get muddy real fast on fitment between CJ/YJ. I also recall in article in JP Magazine in the last year or two. Consider doing a search on their website archive as well.
starfire340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #3
quade
1984 CJ7 

Will do. Thanks for the reply.
quade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #4
longboy
2006 WK 

Does your CJ's softtop have rounded corners at the top of the doors? If so, make sure you get the correct door uppers, as there are 2 types for YJs.

I know that I'm running a YJ Bestop Supertop on my CJ7 tub, but I bought the whole thing at one time. It also works/fits with my CJ hard doors (rounded corner on the door). YJs that came from the factory with soft uppers had a sharp corner to the top of the door.

Pictures for reference:
vs.
Unread 12-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
longboy
2006 WK 

One other thing: Make sure that the uppers you buy are designed to work with soft lower doors. The 2 I pictured above appear to only work with steel lower doors.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.