What tub- liner is best - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What tub- liner is best

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-11-2003, 08:50 PM   #1
jeepin cj-5

What tub- liner is best

I want to tub out my cj but I was wondering what was the best liner out there... rhino is too expensice.. i just want a do it yourself thing that is durable and easy to do.

jeepin cj-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2003, 10:50 AM   #2
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

I'm happy with the Herculiner - my friend has Duraback in his and is equally as happy. Both cost about the same - in the neighborhood of $100. The Herculiner is available in many auto parts stores and elsewhere but the Duraback is (or at least was) an order item only.
Unread 03-12-2003, 11:07 AM   #3
BART CJ5

Definetly Herculiner.
BART CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2003, 01:38 PM   #4
mxg342
1984 CJ7 

I would say that you will get good results with both as long as you take your time with the prep work. I know one person that hurried through and it peeled almost immediately. The other friend took his time and it stayed rather nicely. If I had my choice though I would probably use hurculiner as it was the stuff that stuck.
'84 CJ-7 Junkyard TBI 360/T18/D300, 4" 4WDH Lift, D44 front with ARB and HS/D44 Rear w/ Detroit, 4.56s, 36" Iroks, TFI, TJ flares, Homemade rocker guards and bumpers with swing out, Optima Yellow Top, M8000, York OBA, 6pt cage
"when you're up to your *** in alligators, it is hard to remember that your original intention is to drain the swamp"
mxg342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2003, 09:07 PM   #5
RODDOR

I used Hurculiner in the tub of my CJ5. I would say for the prep work use a drill and scuff the paint and be sure to get any surface rust off. I've had mine on a year and no problems. I have cheap carpet over mine, but it makes the interior look real good.
RODDOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
jsc7002
1966 CJ5 

I really like my Herculiner but if you are wanting colors get Durabak they are basically the same thing, except for the colors and some of the Durabak colors already have the UV in them

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.