What is thing for? Needing to know if I can remove with my 4.0 head and MPFI setup. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What is thing for? Needing to know if I can remove with my 4.0 head and MPFI setup.

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
JeepScrambler
1985 CJ8 

What is thing for? Needing to know if I can remove with my 4.0 head and MPFI setup.

I am in the process of installing a 4.0 head with the MPFI intake and exhaust on my '85 CJ7. Currently I am weeding through the wiring and thinning it out. This is on the stock '85 CJ engine side harness and was curious as to what this piece is for?

There appears to be some sort of diodes inside but I haven't pulled it apart any further to look:

It comes off of this much larger weather-pack connection:

I will be using the stock CJ style starting and charging system, along with the CJ style A/C. Basically I am needing to know if all this can be removed and still allow me to use these two systems with my 4.0 head and MPFI. Anyone familiar with this part and what function it serves?

'06 Grand Cherokee "Overland"
JeepScrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #2
CJ7VFR

You don't want to get rid of that. It's the connection to your Flux-Capacitor....
CJ7VFR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

It's a bunch of diodes used to sense it the Intake heater, AC and something else. It's used to activate the solvac solenoid on the BBD to kick up the engine speed at idle.

Not needed if you don't have the OEM computer operating anymore.

Look for Diode Array in this schematic. Lower right. Just above the blue box
John Strenk is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #4
JeepScrambler
1985 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7VFR View Post
You don't want to get rid of that. It's the connection to your Flux-Capacitor....
Might as well remove it, I don't the Jeep can do 88 mph anyways!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
It's a bunch of diodes used to sense it the Intake heater, AC and something else. It's used to activate the solvac solenoid on the BBD to kick up the engine speed at idle.

Not needed if you don't have the OEM computer operating anymore.

Look for Diode Array in this schematic. Lower right. Just above the blue box
Thank you very much John, that is exactly what I was needing to know! Just wanted to double check and make sure it wasn't necessary for my AC to operate before I take it out. Thanks again for the help!
'06 Grand Cherokee "Overland"
JeepScrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.