what suspension is this? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 34 Old 04-28-2013, 06:18 PM
RDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tavares
Posts: 179
A PO put 2.5" shackles on mine and I fit 33's just fine. 5 inch would probably make them look small, yes. Here's the way mine looks.




1978 CJ7: 304, 3Spd, AMC 20 Rear, Thrush Welded Mufflers W/ Turndowns, Unknown Front, Worn out Dana 20 case
RDH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 34 Old 04-28-2013, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Thanks i think I will just go with new 2.5 or 3s for around 4in of lift total
orange80cj7 is offline  
post #18 of 34 Old 04-28-2013, 11:58 PM
hutch1200
Recovering Bronco Rider
 
hutch1200's Avatar
1979 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Clarks Summit
Posts: 3,219
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbuilder View Post
With 33s iam going to say 4inch spring.
I have a new RC 4" kit. Mine looks more like a 6", and I have 12"s of room between the 33" BFG A/Ts and the wheewell! Won't budge/flex w 2 fat guys jumping on the front bumper!
If that's sagging w/33s they cannot be 2.5"ers. IMHO
BTW, That is a gorgeous CJ. The exact way I wanted to paint mine. BUT my 9 y/o helper insists on the stock green. He's too good a kid to let down.
Keep the BL and maybe try a skyjacker soft ride 4". My bro likes his for the money. But keep the BL until you get the right height/ride. Then make a decision about removing it.
Good luck, and keep it looking good. Post up more pics...before I pick up the paint gun.

I've also learned that sometimes... when people don't agree with you .... its best to hold them down and kidney punch them till they agree with you
hutch1200 is offline  
post #19 of 34 Old 04-29-2013, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch1200 View Post

I have a new RC 4" kit. Mine looks more like a 6", and I have 12"s of room between the 33" BFG A/Ts and the wheewell! Won't budge/flex w 2 fat guys jumping on the front bumper!
If that's sagging w/33s they cannot be 2.5"ers. IMHO
BTW, That is a gorgeous CJ. The exact way I wanted to paint mine. BUT my 9 y/o helper insists on the stock green. He's too good a kid to let down.
Keep the BL and maybe try a skyjacker soft ride 4". My bro likes his for the money. But keep the BL until you get the right height/ride. Then make a decision about removing it.
Good luck, and keep it looking good. Post up more pics...before I pick up the paint gun.
Thanks for the compliment! Just Try to convince him how awesome that color is, and I think im going to go with a 4in spring most likely
orange80cj7 is offline  
post #20 of 34 Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM
RDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tavares
Posts: 179
We'll have to get together and do a run out in the woods.

1978 CJ7: 304, 3Spd, AMC 20 Rear, Thrush Welded Mufflers W/ Turndowns, Unknown Front, Worn out Dana 20 case
RDH is offline  
post #21 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:21 PM
RDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tavares
Posts: 179
Hey, I saw your Jeep sitting at a shop by my house that we deal with. Sorry about your engine.

1978 CJ7: 304, 3Spd, AMC 20 Rear, Thrush Welded Mufflers W/ Turndowns, Unknown Front, Worn out Dana 20 case
RDH is offline  
post #22 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH View Post
Hey, I saw your Jeep sitting at a shop by my house that we deal with. Sorry about your engine.
I know haha its sad went in to try to fix a problem with the clutch that I couldn't figure out and to get a new exhaust and ended up having a lot of engine problems due to some bearings that were put in backwards and it mess up the crankshaft.... Ugh nothing is easy lol
orange80cj7 is offline  
post #23 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Davis77Cj
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: castalia
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange80cj7 View Post
I know haha its sad went in to try to fix a problem with the clutch that I couldn't figure out and to get a new exhaust and ended up having a lot of engine problems due to some bearings that were put in backwards and it mess up the crankshaft.... Ugh nothing is easy lol
yikes! did you say backward bearings???

Only in America do you have the God given right to be loudly opinionated about something that you are completly ignorant of.
Davis77Cj is offline  
post #24 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:44 PM
RDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tavares
Posts: 179
Sorry to out you, was just a surprise seeing it sitting there. If any parts are missing, it weren't me.


By the way, that thing looks even better in person.

1978 CJ7: 304, 3Spd, AMC 20 Rear, Thrush Welded Mufflers W/ Turndowns, Unknown Front, Worn out Dana 20 case
RDH is offline  
post #25 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis77Cj View Post

yikes! did you say backward bearings???
Yep backwards bearings..... Idk how the po managed that one...
orange80cj7 is offline  
post #26 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Davis77Cj
Registered User
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: castalia
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange80cj7 View Post
Yep backwards bearings..... Idk how the po managed that one...
Okay he/she needs an award for that... bc that takes shear talent to accomplish

Only in America do you have the God given right to be loudly opinionated about something that you are completly ignorant of.
Davis77Cj is offline  
post #27 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH View Post
Sorry to out you, was just a surprise seeing it sitting there. If any parts are missing, it weren't me.

By the way, that thing looks even better in person.
Hahaha I hope there's nothing missing I am a little nervous about it just sitting there and thank you its my baby haha, but yeah it sucks just seeing it sitting there
orange80cj7 is offline  
post #28 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis77Cj View Post

Okay he/she needs an award for that... bc that take shear talent to accomplish
Your telling me lol aren't the marked?!? haha
orange80cj7 is offline  
post #29 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
RDH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Tavares
Posts: 179
There's an alignment notch in the end of them.

To the right in this picture...


1978 CJ7: 304, 3Spd, AMC 20 Rear, Thrush Welded Mufflers W/ Turndowns, Unknown Front, Worn out Dana 20 case
RDH is offline  
post #30 of 34 Old 05-16-2013, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
orange80cj7
Registered User
1980 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: EUSTIS
Posts: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDH View Post
There's an alignment notch in the end of them.

To the right in this picture...
Gotcha, well I guess the good thing is the engine will be good for another 30 years seeing that I rebuilt the top end just a few months ago. And then shop said it might be ready tomorrow!
orange80cj7 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome