Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What is the strongest clear coat you can roll on the roll bar over fresh paint?

7K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Jim1611 
#1 ·
I ordered some "Spray Max 2k" that is a STRONG 2 part clear coat in a rattle can. However, after reading all the labels and warnings about "you get a breath of it you die" I think I will pass on using it. I would REALLY rather have somthing that is STRONG that I can roll on instead of spray. Any ideas?

Thanks!

#5 ·
The 2 pack in a can is a recent invention, it mixes the hardener at the nozzle. However it then has all the harmful chemicals that 2 pack has, particularly isocyanates. There is no mask used, only fresh air pumped into a visor.

So I understand why you are considering an alternative, but your choices are limited apart from restarting of you want toughness. what paint did you use on the roll bar? thsi will dictate the choices you have.

I have used spray on bedliner on my roll bar and it really impressed me with its toughness.

#6 ·
The 2 pack in a can is a recent invention, it mixes the hardener at the nozzle. However it then has all the harmful chemicals that 2 pack has, particularly isocyanates. There is no mask used, only fresh air pumped into a visor.
Yep - and 2 pack particles also harden in your lungs. Moisture cured 1 part finishes are another to steer clear of without the appropriate personal protection equipment. A dusk mask or even filter respirator don't cut it. Low levels of exposure are still extremely dangerous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.