What Size Plug/Bolt goes in here??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What Size Plug/Bolt goes in here???

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-13-2010, 08:37 PM   #1
renegade82us

What Size Plug/Bolt goes in here???

Hi I have a question I'm hoping someone can answer. I am trying to find a plug or bolt to plug the circled hole. It seems to be a weird size, I cant seem to find any thing close. I think its a 1/2 bolt but I am not sure.

Its a 1982 CJ7 with the straight 6.

Also, if i have to replace the whole part since the bolt cant be found, what part do i need? I cant find it in the Chilton Manual.

Thanks!!

renegade82us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
tommybio
1978 CJ7 

Air Distribution Manifold

Renegade,
I believe the holes were created when you removed the air distribution manifold - correct?

I asked a similar question and the response I received was to look for NTP threaded PLUGS. Usually have a square head like plumbing hardware. I found them at Home Depot and Lowes. I had to torque them in place a bit, but it worked. And I used some high temp sealant, as well. Best not to let these leak.

I had similar issues and posted a thread awhile back:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ca...ifold-1076048/
Swapped Carter 1bb for an MC2100 and TeamRushed !
tommybio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #3
yahwhy
1982 CJ7 

npt, national pipe thread, just like tommybio said lowes/home depot ,plumbers palace, and the like
yahwhy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

They are 1/4"NPT if I remember correctly.
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #5
renegade82us

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybio View Post
Renegade,
I believe the holes were created when you removed the air distribution manifold - correct?

I asked a similar question and the response I received was to look for NTP threaded PLUGS. Usually have a square head like plumbing hardware. I found them at Home Depot and Lowes. I had to torque them in place a bit, but it worked. And I used some high temp sealant, as well. Best not to let these leak.

I had similar issues and posted a thread awhile back:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ca...ifold-1076048/
I'm not sure how the holes were created, the engine was rebuilt by the previous owner. There are a lot of smog and other parts missing from this engine, which makes it very interesting to work on.

I will pass by Home Depot on the way home from work today.

Thanks for your reply!
renegade82us is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bolt , exhaust , plug , size

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.