what seats to get?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > what seats to get??

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 04-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #16
jumbojeepman
1976 CJ7 

My smittybilt seats are comfortable enough, but I wouldn't get them again. The vinyl material has a weird grain that traps dirt, is hard to clean, and it will warm up your skin really fast if you rub it. Plus I tried to use the reclining mechanism a few weeks ago and it seems to be jammed (I've had the seats a few years.)

jumbojeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
I'm with lpat. Go with originals and have covered if needed. This is a friend of mines Laredo seat done locally a few weeks ago for $200 each. They are beautiful. Mine are going to be done soon.

Attachment 613628
Brewski, do you think your guy would ship me just the covers, fronts & back? I can handle using hogrings to get them on my seats, thanks.
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #18
nosheep
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange80cj7 View Post
Okay cool what color seat did you get? Do you know if there is much difference between the black vinyl and the black denim?
I got them in black denium. I think they about the same though I am trying to redo my interior with black denium but some parts I got black and black vinyl due to not being made in black denim, to me they are all close enough.

My driver http://www.jeep4x4center.com/rugged-...-13402-15.html

passenger http://www.jeep4x4center.com/smittyb...-sb-44915.html
nosheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
orange80cj7
1980 CJ7 

Thanks for all the replies, I think I will go down to the local shop and see how much it would be to redo the two front seats, still need to buy a rear though the original owner dumped them
orange80cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
Brewski
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB View Post
Brewski, do you think your guy would ship me just the covers, fronts & back? I can handle using hogrings to get them on my seats, thanks.
Don't know why he would not. Want me to call him for some details for you or even give you his number. If needed I could get them and do the shipping myself.
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:00 PM   #21
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski View Post
Don't know why he would not. Want me to call him for some details for you or even give you his number. If needed I could get them and do the shipping myself.
Yes that would be awesome if you could talk to him for me if you don't mind. Otherwise if its too much trouble for you, then I'll take his number, thanks!
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.