what locker is best for a 76 auto amc20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > what locker is best for a 76 auto amc20

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 02-18-2002, 07:14 PM   #1
jepthng1

what locker is best for a 76 auto amc20

looking to buy a locker for a amc20.
which one would give me the best driveability
on pavement?

jepthng1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2002, 08:12 AM   #2
CJ10a

I've used the ARB on my AMC20 for the last 2 years with no probs at all.

It's expensive compared to others because it needs an aircompressor to run, but since you ask what gives the best performance on pavement, I'd favour the ARB as 'off' it gives a fully open diff. You can engage it only when you need it.
Custom everything and most of my life savings
CJ10a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2002, 03:01 PM   #3
OldJeepguy
1979 CJ7 

You will, of course, need to replace the 2 piece axles with any type of locker install. Another vote here for the ARB as the best choice for on-pavement manners.
Unread 02-20-2002, 03:59 PM   #4
KeenCJ7

I agree, ARB's are the best on the street and damn good offroad. I have a Powertrax No-Slip in my ford-9 and I only notice it if I am under heavy power while turning. otherwise I forget it is back there. another alternitive would be an Ox Trax www.oxtrax.com If I had it to do all over again I would wait until OX-Trax finished development on a the new locker for the AMC 20. but they are working on one for my 9in
KeenCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.