What lift kit with 29in Goodyear duratrac? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What lift kit with 29in Goodyear duratrac?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 02-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
11Past9

What lift kit with 29in Goodyear duratrac?

What quality budget lift kit would go best with 29 inch Goodyear duratracs? I want a solid daily drive and off road lift kit.

11Past9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
demon67
1997 TJ Wrangler 

You dont really need a lift kit with 29s as they are equal to a 235/75r15 I ran 311050r15 on my tj with no lift
just go rev offset wheels but roughcountry.com has some good budget lifts if you just want to lift it
and please {fill in you jeep profile to let people help you better}

Last edited by demon67; 02-06-2010 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: incomplete
demon67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:04 PM   #3
ckritcoad
1986 CJ7 

You shouldn't need a lift as stated above. Besides, you will want to go bigger soon anyway so you might as well save your money to fit atleast 33's anyway
ckritcoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #4
gojeepin
1983 CJ7 

Hmmm... Why do you want a lift kit? You really won't need a lift kit for 29" tires. A lift is to clear larger tires although it also raises the frame.

If your current springs are sagging badly, you can get new stock springs.

83 CJ7, 4.1L 6cyl (4.0L bored .030" over), 35" tires, T-5 transmission, Dana 300 TC, Trussed AMC 20.
gojeepin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #5
11Past9

I know it will clear I am running them now but I wanted a little lift because the wells are congested and I'd like a little more room. Tires won't be getting bigger for me it's my gf's ride
11Past9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.