What kind of drag link is this? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What kind of drag link is this?

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 08-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Halfmoon
1984 CJ7 

What kind of drag link is this?

I'm new to all this but didn't the stock drag links have adjustments on both sides? When looking for play in the steering system, the drag link at the pitman arm seems to have the most. Is my only option to replace the entire drag link? The bolt wobbles back and forth before the drag link moves.

Halfmoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #2
WSS
1972 CJ5 

If you can see the thread with the nut moving, then your pitman arm and tierod are probably bad. You may be able to tighten the nut to see if it will suck up in the tapered slot and cure the wiggling. It has been a while since I have worked on a scout, but it resembles a scout arm.

A few months ago, I overhauled my steering stuff and the cost was not too bad. I did a tre flip to eliminate the drop pitman arm (plus get them up a little higher) and built a tie rod and draglinl out of 1-1/4"x .120 DOM and some bigger tres off ebay for about $150. I did already have a stock pitman arm, that saved a little $$.

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.