What else do I need? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What else do I need?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 07-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #1
jamesrtuckerjr

What else do I need?

So I am putting a Superlift 4" suspension lift on my 77 CJ5 so I'm replacing the springs, u-bolts, spring bushings, and shocks. I also ordered new shackles, shackle frame bushings, drop pitman arm, and front sway bar quick disconnects and bushings.
Is there anything else I should replace? I'm looking for this to be used mostly on the highway with minimum off road use on our farm while running at least 33's.

jamesrtuckerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2014, 03:24 PM   #2
dg6772
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrtuckerjr View Post
So I am putting a Superlift 4" suspension lift on my 77 CJ5 so I'm replacing the springs, u-bolts, spring bushings, and shocks. I also ordered new shackles, shackle frame bushings, drop pitman arm, and front sway bar quick disconnects and bushings.
Is there anything else I should replace? I'm looking for this to be used mostly on the highway with minimum off road use on our farm while running at least 33's.
James, you're setup is similar to mine,with the same lift. The only other thing I would recommend would be the shackle hanger that bolts the frame. Those bolts may be weak. I replaced the bolts in mine when installing the lift; but after a thousand miles or so the hanger itself broke. Wasn't hard to repair,but would be easier ahead of time.

Dave in Muskegon using JeepForum
dg6772 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.