What do you'll think about shackle lifts? What is "acceptable"?+?'s about other lifts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What do you'll think about shackle lifts? What is "acceptable"?+?'s about other lifts

SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-20-2003, 04:10 PM   #1
jeepcj7

What do you'll think about shackle lifts? What is "acceptable"?+?'s about other lifts

What do you all think about shackle lifts? What is "acceptable"? Is there a "magic number", like when 1 inch lift, lifts it but DOESN'T throw streering and stuff off, but a 1 and 1/2 inch would? I was planning on puting a shackle lift atop a Tuff Country 4'' ez-ride lift. My main goal is to get 37" tires under it. I say a shackle because people in here say body lifts look bad and break, and people say SOA is VERY EXPENSIVE, and 4" is the largest sespension lift that i can find. Whats ur opinions about lifts? What about TERAFLEX anyone use them?
(P.S. - I deffenetaly plan on doing alot of fender trimming.)

jeepcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 04:23 PM   #2
Brock

Why set on 37" tires? You have to get a SOA at the very least to build for those tires even with fender trimming. Sure you can rig stuff up with 3" shacles and 3" body lifts, but I wouldn't ride with you. A 1" shackle lift uses shackles that are 2" longer than stock. Anything over that and you will mess the caster angles up, affecting your ride. Spend a lot of time researching and planning before you lift. And don't waste the money on the tuff country lift. It is the cheapest because it is cheaply made.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #3
jeepcj7

How would a 1 inch shackle with a 4'' suspension and a 1-2 inch body lift do, along with tons of fender trimming? Plus whats wrong with tuff country? I don't think they are cheap at $569.95 + shipping.
jeepcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 08:36 PM   #4
cj5mudman4x4

Perform a search on the jeepforum search engine. i have preached against shackle lifts until i am sick of it. just do a search and i think u will find ur answers.
INDEPENDENT OFFROAD member Bowling Green, Ky
cj5mudman4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.