what do you guys think of this 77 CJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > what do you guys think of this 77 CJ?

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaBilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 10-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #1
menelaus22

what do you guys think of this 77 CJ?

i've been looking hard for a jeep in the less than 8k range.... this one looks pretty sweet but seems like it might be a little pricey...

$5200
1977 CJ5
Miles: 110,000 (Highway/City)

"This is one of the cleanest you'll find! New Bestop w/ Bikini, New custom wheels with B.F. Goodrich tires, KYB shocks,new upholstery, Rancho lift,new paint,rebuilt inline 6, Rhinoliner inside, Custom rear tire carrier with cover, KC lights and more! Gets alot of attention "

menelaus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2002, 11:34 AM   #2
menelaus22

looks like that picture file might have been too pig to import.. if you click it the picture will pop up...

thanks for any suggestions....

would you guys rather buy a 95-99 with like 80k miles on it for a grand more? hehehe.. probably a silly question
menelaus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2002, 12:52 PM   #3
55-willys

looks pretty clean to me. id say its a real good deal
Unread 10-17-2002, 07:07 PM   #4
certifiablejeep
Bicentennial Nickel

1976 CJ5 

climb underneath it!!!!!

You can see it the mounts are rusted.
SEe if there is any mud/dirt stuff up inside. This will give you an indication if it has been abused.

As for anything esle.

Check the rear frame cross member.
Check the underside for leaks. I know all Jeeps leak some, but if you are paying that cash, it should b dry.

Run the engine, see if it smokes, take it on the highway, gun it, see if you see any white smoke, etc. etc.

I got one that was a 76, for 3 grand less, but wasn't anywhere near the condition that is.

it looks sweet, just make sure that looks don't kill. Make sure it is all good and not all show no go!

cb
certifiablejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.