Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What do you guys think?

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  ClarkGriswold 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I wasn't the winning bidder. He emailed me and said that the guy never got ahold of him, so i went out and test drove it today. I think the diamond plating is hiding rust, but i'm not too worried, i just want something to take me out into the woods and get me back lol. We may make an offer on saterday when the guy who won the bid's time runs out.

#8 ·
ozjeep said:
I wasn't the winning bidder. He emailed me and said that the guy never got ahold of him, so i went out and test drove it today. I think the diamond plating is hiding rust, but i'm not too worried, i just want something to take me out into the woods and get me back lol. We may make an offer on saterday when the guy who won the bid's time runs out.
that makes a difference, (to me) as I wouldn't want to buy from someone if they didn't keep their word (to the original bidder).

(of course, he also could have had a buddy bidding to jack up the price, and got caught with his pants down when the bidding stopped....I'll give him the benefit of the doubt)

I'm not a huge fan of the body lift, but the price doesn't seem too out of line.

Hoss

#9 ·
If you just want to go play with it then 3K wouldn't be bad but if you keep looking you can find nicer rigs for the $. Most of them will be stock, but lifts are easy.

Also if you want sites to watch we have a jeep club here in Springfield, the link is in my sig. Also www.midwestjeepthing.com/forums has several jeeps for sale on there right now.

Aaron

#10 ·
Joonhoss71 said:
that makes a difference, (to me) as I wouldn't want to buy from someone if they didn't keep their word (to the original bidder).

(of course, he also could have had a buddy bidding to jack up the price, and got caught with his pants down when the bidding stopped....I'll give him the benefit of the doubt)

I'm not a huge fan of the body lift, but the price doesn't seem too out of line.

Hoss
true,I dug through the high bidders Feedback and he seems to be a deadbeat running up everyones bids
Bidding Details

Bidder Information
Bidder: Bidder 5
Registered on eBay: More than 5 years
Item description: Jeep : CJ
Bids on this item: 4
30-Day Summary
Total bids: 93
Items bid on: 28
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 4%
Bids to unique sellers: 28
Bids in unique categories: 7
Bid retractions: 0
Bid retractions (6 months): 0

30-Day Bid History

Item Category No. of Bids Seller Last Bid
Item 1 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 5 Seller 1 <1h
Item 2 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 1 Seller 2 20h
Item 3 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Toyota 7 Seller 3 19h
Item 4 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 7 Seller 4 1d 16h
Item 5 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 7 Seller 5 1d 15h
Item 6 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Toyota 4 Seller 6 1h
Item 7 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 1 Seller 7 4d 23h
Item 8 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 3 Seller 8 4d 9h
Item 9 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 8 Seller 9 5h
Item 10 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 1 Seller 10 5d 9h
Item 11 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 4 Seller 11 10h
Item 12 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Toyota 2 Seller 12 2d 9h
Item 13 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 4 Seller 13 13h
Item 14 eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Automotive Tools 1 Seller 14 8d 12h
Item 15 eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Automotive Tools 1 Seller 15 3d 9h
Item 16 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 7 Seller 16 1d 11h
Item 17 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 4 Seller 17 2d 21h
Item 18 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 1 Seller 18 6d 15h
Item 19 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Toyota 6 Seller 19 3d 22h
Item 20 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 3 Seller 20 6d 19h
Item 21 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 2 Seller 21 5d 13h
Item 22 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Dodge 2 Seller 22 4d 7h
Item 23 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 3 Seller 23 1d 5h
Item 24 Automotive > Cars & Trucks > Toyota 1 Seller 24 2d 11h
Item 25 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 4 Seller 25 23h
Item 26 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 1 Seller 26 6d 5h
Item 27 eBay Motors > Cars & Trucks > Jeep 2 Seller 27 4d 20h
Item 28 eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Car Audio, Video 1 Seller 28 2d 10h

#12 ·
I wouldn't give more than $2000 for that, but that's just me. I would definitely try and work him on the price a little. What was your high bid? There's no sense in paying any more than what your high bid was. The seller on eBay can see what your high bid was, and usually when they send a second chance offer to another losing bidder, your highest bid is usually the set price.

It may be that Jeeps up north sell for more, but you can get something like that down here in Florida much, much cheaper and they typically have less rust. Mine lived in Arkansas on an Air Force base for a long while, so I do have some minor surface rust, but nothing a ton of grinding, sanding, and POR-15 can't fix...

#13 ·
Since you said you wanted it only for off road so I'd say that $3k is reasonable...at least for this area. I've seen nicer looking Jeeps for $3k BUT if you can actually see it and drive it...that makes a huge difference. A lot of things look good on ebay. Fact is, our local 4x4 shop has several Jeeps sitting around that were brought in to be fixed by people who them off ebay. He calls them ebay Jeeps. On the other hand, I've bought two off ebay myself and got what was advertised (actually better in one case). GOOD LUCK!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.