What do I need to make winch mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What do I need to make winch mount

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 11-17-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What do I need to make winch mount

What do I need to make winch mount

I've decided to buy a Warn X8000i winch. I found one for $630 out the door delivered to my door. I want to make the mounting plate.

Have any of you guys made one that mounts to the front of a CJ7? Exactly what size plate and thickness plate do I need?

Unread 11-19-2002, 01:26 AM   #2
cj5goliath
1980 CJ5 

I make bumpers with winch mounting plates attached to them. You can see them on my website in the Bumper section. I can send you better pictures if you'd like. I can also take measurements and give them to you if you are planning on making your own. I used 1/2 inch plate steel...which is probably a little overkill...but I LIKE overkill!!! The winch I have mounted to mine is a Warn XD9000i...which will have the same pattern as the 8000. Good luck. Let me know if I can help!

click here for my website....then click on Bumpers

http://www.cranked-up.com
cj5goliath is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.