What do I need to make winch mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What do I need to make winch mount

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-17-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Jeep Daddy
1985 CJ7 

What do I need to make winch mount

What do I need to make winch mount

I've decided to buy a Warn X8000i winch. I found one for $630 out the door delivered to my door. I want to make the mounting plate.

Have any of you guys made one that mounts to the front of a CJ7? Exactly what size plate and thickness plate do I need?

85 CJ7 4.0L/SM465/Dana300/AMC20/Dana30, MPFI,154K miles - 33" 12.5's Pro Comp MT's, one piece axles, Detroit Softlocker rear, Lock Rite front, Warn Hubs, 4.56 R&P, 4" BDS lift, Warn x8000i, Warn winch guard, Hi-Lift, Tuffy console, Four X Dr. rocker guards, Rock Hard sport cage, Kilby OBA with 1.75 gal tank and York 10.3cc compressor, Tube fenders by GenRight Offroad, Fabricated rear bumper and tire carrier.
Jeep Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2002, 01:26 AM   #2
cj5goliath
1980 CJ5 

I make bumpers with winch mounting plates attached to them. You can see them on my website in the Bumper section. I can send you better pictures if you'd like. I can also take measurements and give them to you if you are planning on making your own. I used 1/2 inch plate steel...which is probably a little overkill...but I LIKE overkill!!! The winch I have mounted to mine is a Warn XD9000i...which will have the same pattern as the 8000. Good luck. Let me know if I can help!

click here for my website....then click on Bumpers

http://www.cranked-up.com
cj5goliath is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.