What did you do to your CJ today? - Page 964 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > What did you do to your CJ today?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 12-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #14446
AcidLamp
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post
Heres a cheap and cheerful way to ID the switches, although with as few as you have you may not need it.........

Waterslide decals, printed on a inkjet, then clearcoated with krylon and cut out, then dipped in warm water until the back "slides" off, and Bobs your uncle a nice clear and durable sticker.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-sheets-CL...item5af54575f9

That is awesome. I'll have to look into that.

AcidLamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #14447
WSS
1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidLamp View Post
Well lets see...

First row(Lighting) 1. Fog lights 2. Rock lights 3. Spare (TBD)

Second Row(accessories) 1. phone/ laptop Chargers 2. water pump 3. Spare

Third Row(operations) 1. Wipers 2. overdrive: 3. Spare

So really, 6 are already spoken for essentially. I do eventually want to get one more set of lights, but I'm not certain what type or where to mount them yet. I really, really, like having individual control over each zone, so each needs its own switch. On row two, the spare will likely power onboard air since my bumpers are made to hold compressed air. It also could be a switch to power an inverter or welder. I haven't bought or installed installed the RV water pump yet, but is on our "for certain" list, so it needs a home. Row three is really about fixing the mess the PO left me. He sort of re-routed everything really randomly, so I'm fixing it by centralizing it up. Switch three will likely house a solar battery charger, or engine warmer. While those type of things often have their own on/off switch, I like the redundancy of being able to cut anything off from either direction. Should I change my mind on that, or any of the proposed projects, I've got handy spares for whatever may come along; neatly installed, visually matched, and ready to go. It also will greatly simplify maintenance on the wiring, as I'll just have to unbolt the panel. 6 bolts and I have full access to the majority of all the wiring immediately. That beats the hell out of trying work upside-down tracing wire after wire.

electric fan for radiator, dual battery cut in, back-up lights, dome lights, passenger eject, air lockers need one for each axle.

Dude you need another panel.

were is your build thread? Would love to take a look.
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #14448
sickcj978

It's acidlamp rat rod cj build its in the cj forum section I love his jeep lol
sickcj978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #14449
jacques25150
1982 CJ7 

repair my rear lights (contacts broken by corrosion),
renforced the window of the hard top
adjust the brake cable
re screw the exhaust pipe
jacques25150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #14450
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Put the hardtop on. I need a rear window liftgate cable. Anyone know if these can be changed separately? Thanks

CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #14451
Brewski
1986 CJ7 

Finally saved enough newspapers to paint top, lol. Turned out pretty good. Went with Rustoleum Satin. Then textured white for the inside.
image-96797962.jpg

Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #14452
ETthomehomw
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski
Finally saved enough newspapers to paint top, lol. Turned out pretty good. Went with Rustoleum Satin. Then textured white for the inside.
what kind of prep did you do?
ETthomehomw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #14453
Brewski
1986 CJ7 

I had to do glass work to both front corners because they had small cracks. Then I scotch brighted the entire top and wiped with final clean. Due to the glass work and filler I needed to get the texture back so I spray bombed all of it with Rustoleum Hammered in black. Then light scotch bright again and one more wipe before spraying enamel satin. I only thinned it enough to get it through the gun to gain a bit more texture.
Brewski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #14454
ETthomehomw
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski
I had to do glass work to both front corners because they had small cracks. Then I scotch brighted the entire top and wiped with final clean. Due to the glass work and filler I needed to get the texture back so I spray bombed all of it with Rustoleum Hammered in black. Then light scotch bright again and one more wipe before spraying enamel satin. I only thinned it enough to get it through the gun to gain a bit more texture.
I'll have to be doing this to my soon. Have those same cracks on the corners. Well it turned out really good man!
ETthomehomw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 10:41 PM   #14455
Grumpy_one
1976 CJ5 

Pulled the springs last night (sold), taking the rest of the D30 out. Brakes lines are giving me fits. Making room for the D44
img_1068.jpg

Grumpy_one is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #14456
Dadamsnv
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ5 

I've been thinking of a fab tag to put on all my fabbed jeep stuff. You know, like a little weld on logo. This is attempt 1: you can make out the "D" in the outer shape and the"A" as the inner shape. Eyeball might be out, not sure. That spells my initials. I can have these water jetted for cheap. Could be fun
image-1647682697.jpg

Dadamsnv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #14457
WSS
1972 CJ5 

got some more done on my dual battery set up

WSS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #14458
Savemycj
1975 CJ5 

Got an awesome deal on an 8274 winch plate for my cj5! Should be arriving home sometime this week, can't wait to install that sucker! great black Friday deals. www.autoplicity.com
Savemycj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #14459
gazzo
1984 CJ7 

Today I got mr mum duty. Made it to 1 o'clock before I realized I could do jeep stuff. Decided to do something with my old center console. image-146306177.jpg Had a sub in the front which tucked under the dash and a flat section missing from this pic which had two beer holders. I chopped it back, removed the front panel which had the CB and original lighter fitted and re covered with new black vinyl. image-78707729.jpg image-2670749059.jpg image-2365823439.jpg image-1347011117.jpg I still need to reline the storage box image-3981516190.jpg At least I have something to lean on now image-287594853.jpg
In the front but between the flat bits that stick out I'll make a drinks holder thingo

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gazzos-cj10-truck-2185617/
gazzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #14460
Alex77cj7
1977 CJ7 

Got all my wiring done on my engine, started her up and let it run for a while. Set my valves, put on my valve covers, started to install shifter but then realize I had a pinhole in one of my freeze plugs on the front of the block. So now next weekend I have to pull the grille and all the accessories off the front of the motor, knock out a freeze plug, put a new one in and then put everything back before I can drive it again. So close yet so far away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.